BlueOS 3.0.0 released

At the moment I have a Pulse Flex and Mini grouped via Bluesound and a Meridian 218 zone liked to those via Roon and it is all perfectly in sync.
Just a FYI

Now this is strange. I usually use only ROON and never start the BluOS controller. This morning, I have entered the BluOS controller and have grouped my node and flex from there and not from ROON. And to my surprise, my music streamed from Roon is now in sync. In ROON, my node have disappeared though…

@Edwin_V this is normal. Once you group Bluesound units (via BluOS) then Roon will ‘see’ this grouping as single unit. For example if you group a Flex + Node via BluOS then if you launch Roon you will see a single Bluesound ‘unit’. You will probably see it as ‘Flex’ but it will actually include the Node as well. If you go back to BlueOS and ungroup them then you should be able to see them again via Roon as two separate units (Flex, Node 2).
This workaround seems to work for some (grouping Bluesound units via BluOS first and then starting playback via Roon). I would recommend you try grouping the Bluesound with the MBP end point I can see in your screenshot above. It would be worth testing to see if you have synced playback this way (mixing Bluesound and other).
Best to test the above to make sure it works for you as it did not work for me when I tried it.

What @CrystalGipsy mentions above is a slightly different use case involving both Bluesound and other Roon end points (in this case a Naim Atom). About a year ago I was using a Naim Nova a Bluesound Flex 2 and a pulse 2. I had exactly the same problem that Simon describes.

This is very interesting @Yiannis_Kouropalatis I could live with that!!! I have grouped the MBP within ROON with the group FLEX that I grouped in BluOS. The MBP is a macbook Pro, so not a bluesound product and everything is in sync.

1 Like

I wondered about the status of the sync bug so asked about it at Bluesound: https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360021449234-Status-of-the-Roon-sync-bug-

The answer surprised me, it seems the bug is unknown to Bluesound. Could anyone confirm or deny the existence of the sync problem? I can’t test it myself because I ran into it during a Roon trial period which has expired.

That does rather beg the question of how they plan to fix it within the next 8 weeks (https://community.roonlabs.com/t/trouble-syncing-grouped-zones/55808/2)…

I’ll let others with more current Bluesound gear respond here. Suffice to say that the bug has been discussed for around 18 months and was acknowledged by Bluesound staff, on their own forum, around the beginning of the year (IIRC).

Thank you for the pointer to that thread. It would be great if the bug is solved within the next eight weeks, wether it is officially and explicitly confirmed by Bluesound or not.

@dhusky, that’s indeed the response I got from Roon. I’ll keep you guys posted if anything pops up within these 8 weeks, but unsure what to expect following the feedback @Frans_Knibbe got from Bluesound…

1 Like

Well, I presume that Roon are applying some encouragement as the ‘i’ products are undergoing certification…who knows, maybe this time it will actually happen?

I just posted a question on the Bluesound forum about this. I thought it does not hurt to ask but I am not holding my breath :slight_smile:

https://helpdesk.bluesound.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4813&sid=965fc704992006dfefc8c5388bf3ac39

I have not given up on Bluesound yet but I agree we should at the very least have some sort of clarity on this.
Will update if / when I hear back.

1 Like

it looks like my Bluesound post was moved and merged with the old thread. The response received is simply referring me back to the old thread (where my post was moved to).
Not exactly the clarity I was hoping for :slight_smile:

1 Like

But perhaps that which was expected :wink:

1 Like

Ok well my issues playing to my pair of Pulse Flex’s are back again. Going to try and isolate to grouping with my Allo digione in other room or if it’s something other than groupings. I had thought that the 3.2.6 release with RAAT update had fixed things but it has not.

New update out today. Anybody tried this isn’t the sync bug fix in this?

The last BlueOS update I tested was the one from Jan 8th (3.2.10). I think this is the most recent one. The sync bug was still there unfortunately.

also here. Still experiencing drop outs of my stereo pair of pulse 2

I have just updated my Bluesound Pulse 2 and Mini.
With the Mini I now get this signal path.

As I don’t use any tone controls in Roon or BluOS can anyone explain this a little.

It won’t render MQA via Roon, The Pulse 2 does though…

Something positive (ish) from Bluesound:

https://helpdesk.bluesound.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4529&sid=296fb9e1875eb5913c3ec0279d8ace39&start=70

This latest response at least indicates a Feb update.

Well, nice to see that 14 months on there’s been a little progress from blaming your network :wink: I can’t help wondering whether they would be addressing it were it not for certification of the 2i products, but hopefully they’ll now finally get it fixed for you you and others.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing :+1: