Bluesound/Core connection issues - Output works via USB

Setup:

Amplifi router connected ethernet to Windows 10 on i5 connected to Mutec MC3+ via USB
Tidal and Qobuz and NAS storage 80,000 files ethernet to same router
Remote on iPad latest Roon build

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

latest Roon build
Amplifi router connected ethernet to Windows 10 on i5 connected to Mutec MC3+ via USB
Tidal and Qobuz and NAS storage 80,000 files ethernet to same router
Remote on iPad latest Roon build

roon is crashing on the iPad? on the Core?

if the core what are the specs of the core? is it out of disk space? how much memory? CPU etc etc is it on SSD?

what Build it using? be specific same for the iPad version of Roon remote client too for that matter.

who is Mr Fix it? Are you on the support team?

as I stated… . Roon is crashing, if the remote was crashing I would have stated that
I was specific… All Roon is the latest build

really don’t see where it makes any difference since it has worked in this configuration for a very long time but, 13G left of a 120G SSD, 16G ram, CPU is an i5 6600K 3.5GHZ

what is "etc etc "

one relevant question is 64 or 32 bit build… it is 32

1 Like

An exceptionally competent and valued contributor here in the community. Do you still need help? Weekends are usually support quiet, but anyone who knows a solution is happy to carry it if the problem has been well narrowed down. Therefore, any other questions that might lead to a solution.

4 Likes

it crashes regularly so yes, it would be nice to find a solution. Seems to me that solution would most likely be found in the logs. However, even though I do know to get to them, I not know how to interpret them. I also do not know how to upload them since they are saved as log.txt and you can’t upload that or a zip

I cleaned up my SSD and now have 80 of 120 Gig free

1 Like

Like you I am just another user here in the community, but I have 5+ years of running roon on many platforms and various library sizes as big as 340k tracks. I’ve also made a living doing support on mainframes down to Pcs for the last 40 years.

Keeping around 20% free disk space on any system is a recommended minimum. So now you should be in better shape.

Maybe you can elaborate on what was happening when it crashed, was it searching for anything? Just playing something’s or just sitting there idle. If playing is the same track that’s crashing it? Are you using and DSP functions or other other things like HQP etc, upsampling ?

Maybe a screen shot of the audio signal path might help too while it playing your sptypical format ie flac or mpeg etc.

1 Like

it is not unstable to the point I can do troubleshooting like that
it crashes once a day or so,

I have been using HQP for years at times with much more intensive filters at higher rates and didn’t have this issue

as currently configured both Roon and HQP use 2-3% of the CPU and a gig or so of memory, total CPU around 20% and 20% of memory

Ah now we are getting into the nitty gritty…HQP is a beast and will consume a lot of cpu when using some filters.

If you bypass hqp are things stable? I’m assuming hqp is running on the same machine as the core?

Did this start after you started using hqp or agpfter changing some settings on hqp?

it is not unstable to the point I can do troubleshooting like that
it crashes once a day or so,

I have been using HQP for years at times with much more intensive filters at higher rates and didn’t have this issue

as currently configured both Roon and HQP use 2-3% of the CPU and a gig or so of memory, total CPU around 20% and 20% of memory

I really believe the answer lies in the log files, which should tell us what was it doing when it crashed. no idea how to interpret them though

Wait for the weekend support offline to pass the. They should pick this up. @support

Hello @bruce_bosler1 ,

Can you please let us know the exact local time + date of the next crash and then use these instructions to access your Roon logs and upload them here?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Please let us know once logs have been uploaded, thanks!

1 Like

uploaded last crash

2 Likes

Hello @bruce_bosler1 ,

Thank you for uploading the log file. We reviewed them and believe we’ve found the issue:
IO error: WinMmapFile.Append::UnmapCurrentRegion or MapNewRegion: : Not enough storage is available to process this command.

It appears that you have run out of storage space on the drive that Roon is installed on.

I am not sure which of your SSDs you have cleaned up, but Roon lives on the C: drive under the %localappdata% directory, so please ensure that your C drive has at least 15GB free space to operate.

If you have ensured this and the behavior is still the same, it’s possible that the database ran into some issues when it was full and you need to reset Roon to factory default and restore from a backup, I have provided instructions below:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Restore Roon from a Backupat least a week before the issue started

Let us know if this helps!

yes, 80 free gigs on the C drive. , it has not happened since I cleaned it up. Perhaps in a future rev Roon could report the issue to the user instead of just putting it in a log?

thanks

1 Like

Hi @bruce_bosler1 ,

Thanks for letting us know that Roon is working as expected since cleaning the drive up!

Thanks for the feedback here. I will mention it to the team, but since this is not a current feature of Roon, I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Its a very common recommendation to keep at least 20% free space on your boot drive - more ideally as swap space etc uses this space when needed. As does hibernate for many OS’s which needs at least as much as your RAM amount is too for each.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.