Bluesound Dali Sound Hub not found any more

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 / Intel NUC / Roon 1.7 build 521

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All devices cable connected

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Pulse Mini and Bluesound audio card in Dali sound hub

Description Of Issue

I’ve been connecting 2 Bluesound devices to Roon for quite some time now. As of today one of them (Dali Sound Hub) is not connected to Roon anymore. In the Bluesound app I can still find both devices and they are working correctly. In Roon the remaining device (Pulse Mini) still works properly.
Attached a picture of the Roon setup and of the Bluesound setup.

Hi @Erik_van_den_Bergh,

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your Core, Networking Gear and Bluesound Endpoint?

Hi Noris,

Yes, there is. I restarted the Bluesound devices and router. (Roon is restarted daily.) Everything is working fine now. Thanks!

What remains for me is how it is possible for the Bluesound system to work completely correctly, while Roon only finds one of the devices. That put me on the wrong track in my analysis. Any ideas?

Gr Erik

Hello @Erik_van_den_Bergh,

Roon uses the RAAT protocol to communicate with Roon Ready devices. RAAT uses a completely separate discovery mechanism with no relation to the Bluesound protocol. It is possible that your device had issues with its RAAT component that required a reboot.

You can read more about RAAT here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/RAAT

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.