Bluesound endpoint not functioning

Hi,

Im I the only one with playback problems with Bluesound as an endpoint.

I have the following set-up
MacMini as server
Bluesound Endpoint
Home airplay endpoint
iMac remote
iPhone remote

I have problems with playing music on my blue sound. It is the only machines that gives my problems. But as it is my main machine, I would like to use it as an endpoint.

Hi Efraim,
please describe your setup regarding networking in more detail.
This will help us community members and @support to better assist you.

And please also elaborate on what the issue is?
Does playback start at all? Dropouts? No Bluesound available as endpoint?

2 Likes

Both the Macmini server as the Bluesound endpoint are wired through LAN cat 6. with high speed internet.

The Bluesound is visible in the Roon player-app.

The problem divers.

• I see the album cover, but it wont start playing
  • See the album cover, it randomly starts playing for 5-10 seconds, no sound, and skips automaticly to the next song where the same problom pops-up.
1 Like

Excellent, a good start! But what router do you employ?
And where is your music located? Locally on the Mac server, through a streaming service?

Hi,

Thanks for your efforts. Im pretty technical myself. So i pretty much understand why you ask the questions.

But i dont need te be getting in such technical details just to get an app working.

Especially not an app where you pay such money for.

It just needs to be working.

It seems to me that you really need to describe your setup. If you would like some assistance, that is…
What kind of Bluesound device are we talking about, btw?

Hi @Efraim_Severin,

I’m sorry you’re having issues with your Node.

I would like to request more information about your networking setup just as @Mikael_Ollars had. You’ll find our community to be quite helpful and information like this is extremely enlightening.

However, I have seen this issue before and it took a hard reset of the Node to correct the problem.

Another step you can try is to refresh RAAT:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page

This could be the problem too. When I look at diagnostics I see that the Node isn’t responding to Roon.

08/30 14:53:28 Warn: [Bluesound Woonkamer] [zoneplayer/raat] Failed to prepare Bluesound NODE in 15000ms. Giving up

Give these things a shot and let me know how it goes. Both I and others in the community try to be as helpful as possible!

Wes

Thank you very much for the efforts but i already changes to another service that is working for me.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.