Bluesound Node 2i not recognized properly by Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Ryzen 3900X-64GB, Build 521

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unify - Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2i, iPad, iPhone

Description Of Issue

Hi I started testing Roon yesterday but I’m having a couple of questions about the integration with other devices.

1 - I noticed that Roon is detecting the Bluesound Node 2i as Other Network Devices and connected via AirPlay. Is this how is supposed to be connected? Is my understanding that using Airplay I won’t be able to stream anything higher than 44.1/16 (see attached picture)

2 - If I try to play something from my PC or iPad to a different device that is not the PC or the iPad (example: Denon or the Bluesound) it doesn’t work no matter how many times I click play it just don’t even start.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks

Hi @Guillermo_Hernandez,

Welcome to the forum!

From your symptoms, it sounds like a firewall could be preventing Roon from working properly. To address this, I suggest the following:

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

I would also ensure that your Windows PC’s network is set to “private” and not “public”, you can use these instructions to check this aspect.

Does this help resolve the issue?

A post was merged into an existing topic: High Resolution to Bluessound, not via Airplay

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.