Bluesound NODE 2i Resync Delay?

For owners of the new Node 2i, are any of you setting a Resync Delay beyond the default of 0ms?

I am finding that with a wireless connection (802.11ac) between my MacBook and the Node 2i, I experience a brief delay when switching sample rates (e.g. a playlist that mixes 44.1 and 192 tracks).

If I set the Resync Delay to 500ms, things playback as expected (smoothly, with a brief delay). When I set Resync Delay to 0ms, I will hear the start of a song being clipped (i.e. playback advances, but you don’t hear the first second or so of music). This is mostly noticeable with high-res tracks.

Finally, I’ve noticed that if I use a 1-Gig ethernet connection from the MacBook to the Node 2i, I can reset the Resync Delay to 0ms and click back-and-forth with no hesitation, whatsoever.

I have noted same with my Node 2i. I hadn’t set my delay quite that high. I’m going to try that and see if it helps.

In my case I have a WD MyHome NAS serving ALAC files to the Node. All works well except for the “clipping” you’ve noted at the start of the file. And yes, setting a delay seems to help.

I’m also experiencing a few additional issues with the 2i and am surprised to see no mention of them here.

The first is that the Node 2i is listed as “uncertified”. Odd since the Roon website explicitly refers to Bluesound devices as Roon Ready.

Secondly, and only on somewhat rare occasions, the endpoint will drop out and disappear from the zone list. It reappears maybe a minute later and I can get back to business but it’s annoying. The loss of connection, however, doesn’t occur during playback. Only between selection of compositions.

The Node 2i and all the i range are new machines with new tech in them so they are still under certification as they are different to the last models which where all certified long ago. All products that are going for Roon Ready status have to go through this. There are obviously still some sticking points with the new systems thats why they are not certified yet. Likely the sync bug thats plagued the previous models is one cause for the delay.

1 Like