Bluesound Node 2i vs. Hifiberry DAC Pro +

Not sure what you mean. OS had nothing to do with spdif. Coax will only support upto 192/24 optical likely 96/24. As for PSU nothing is required other than the supplied one.

ok…this would mean that in case i wanna use usb i have first to test it (only raspberrypi without hifiberry or diginone) and in case it works, i have to choose the allo usbbridge…with a new mainboard…

getting more confused than i should

No you can use the pi if it works it just allows you to see what you get support for without spending any money. But you may find it does some issues with clicking, dropping out, especially if you are using wired LAN network as they use they same bus on a pi and it’s quite common. The Allo USBridge is a different computer like the pi but with a dedicated extra USB output board which is more stable than the PI but if the Yamaha’s does not like working with Linux for USB then it’s not worth it. If your pi is a version 3b+ then using wireless can help with poor USB performance as it’s not using the same bus. Other pi models can work ok but depends on the DAC.

ok…hard to understand for a newbie but ok…i’m going to buy the digione, install ropiee and a monitor…and use a coax cable or usb…i don’t know…trial by error i think…

Funny how hifi works… or opinions…

My set is a node2i, marantz pm11s3, tannoy xt8f
With audioquest 44 rocket and big sur RCA…

I find the node 2i a better direct to the amplifier than with the chord qutest. More natural. Chord to clinical. I am saving money for a better dac

1 Like

I think the hifi combinations makes the sound and your listening room. My advice never listen to advice :slight_smile: but go out there and listen

One man’s meat is another man’s poison. :smile:

There’s nothing wrong with a little guidance, but always audition or have the option to return if not satisfied.

True…

Here is my guidance… bluesound node 2i is a very musical piece of equipment… as a streamer it’s hard to beat… (In combination with the dac of your taste it’s a killer)

But then again what’s the sound you are looking for…???

Grazie Ricardo :slight_smile:

I think I’m going with RaspberryPi, Allo DigiOne, attached via Coax to my A-S801, Ropieee incl. 7" Screen and a case…

Which sound I’m looking for? You mean music type or quality?

Both

Soundwise…
to highended ( sounds very awesome at first but very exhausting for long sessions)
Studiosound big focus on details (precise)
“Analog” sound. Warm and fluid ( like liquidgold :):wink:)

Music type…
Focus on highs, focus on mids or base? Or in balance

high res sound…details etc…lossless…i’ve also a turntable which is used with my pro-ject tube box ds2…and a corda jazz ff as a headphone amplifier…

Chord qutest perfect :joy:

chord qutest…too expensive…and how should it works as a bridge? has no ethernet

Listen before buying new equipment is the best wat. On your oen stuff

O sry what’s the budget?

max 600 not more

Maybe the baby ambre? Of metrum acoustics