Bluesound speakers not found on Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac-mini latest OS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All by ethernet, no WIFI.

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Bluesound Pulse 2 (2) and powernode 2 . All ethernet

Description Of Issue

Mac-Mini, Bluesound, sonos, local file sharing. All works fine with Bluesound but Roon sees airplay and Sonos audio but does not see bluesound at all and I can see no way to add them.

Have you enabled them in Settings/ Audio?

They do not show up so that I can enable them. Is there a way to force them ?

In other words, the Bluesound speakers work fine in Blu OS but Roon does not find them as networked devices. I only use Ethernet, not Wifi. Roon finds airplay and Sonos but not Bluesound.
Thanks!

Hello @David_Roberts1,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab? You can use these instructions to upload screenshots to this Community site.

I would also double check that you have set Roon as an exception in your OSX firewall by using these instructions and if you have an antivirus or firewall blocking application (such as Bullguard, McAfee, Norton, ect), I would see if there is any change to this behavior if your temporarily disable it.

Thanks,
Noris

I did check the firewall and tried with all firewalls turned off.
Thanks for your help.

Hi @David_Roberts1,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. I do see your other zones and local zones appear as expected so I do not think this is a OSX firewall issue any longer. Let’s take a look to see how the Bluesound speakers are connected to the network – are they plugged in directly to the router or are they routed through a switch/range extender?

Can you let me know the model/manufacturer of your networking gear? I am wondering if perhaps the router or switch needs some specific settings applied to it for proper operation, we have seen this before with the routers listed at the end of our Networking Best Practices document.

Thanks,
Noris

Noris:
I reached Bluesound support and they explained that you must ungroup the speakers first. Once I ungrouped them they showed up and work fine.
Thanks again,
David Roberts

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.