Bluetooth Headphones not recognized by Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
2019 Mac Mini. It’s the latest build.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluetooth headphones.

Description Of Issue
When I look in the Roon “Audio Settings”, other devices show up under the Mac Mini but Bluetooth devices don’t.

The headphones don’t show up as an audio device I can select. What am I doing wrong?

How can I select the headphones to be able to listen to Roon?

Hi @Ron_Compton,

You can’t select a Bluetooth device in Settings > Audio, but you can choose System Output of your Mac and set the Mac to play to the Bluetooth device.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Like @Dylan stated, use System Output. Select the Headphones from the volume control input selections in the upper right corner of the screen.

I tested it, and found I had to set the pair the headphones first, then shut Roon down, and restart. Works like a champ.

1 Like

Hello @Ron_Compton, looks like you’ve already got some feedback here. Please let us know if you have any further questions about this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.