BluOS devices do not show up via Roon Ready mode after updating to BluOS version 3.20.45 [BluOS team aware]

Downgrading firmware on Flex’s, Pulse Mini’s, P300 and Node 2i worked for me. I was cautious and did the downgrade/upgrade one-at-a-time. Each cycle took approximately 20 minutes. I found I had to disconnect the wired devices, then wire each one for the upgrade to current firmware.

Thanks for this.
But it’s the current version I have and it crashes Roon-ready.
I am looking for a previous version of Node N130 firmware.

I think you should be able to modify the character of this link until it looks like this:N130_usb_stick_3.20.25 - Bluesound ,Just change the character 45 to 25.
you can try…

1 Like

Cool, it’s good. Thanks

How to resolve this issue - put in a support ticket at Bluesound. They will ask you to create a linkup session id and will then log in to your device and downgrade the firmware. In under an hour, my Node is back as Roon Ready. They say you can safely upgrade to 3.20.45 as long as you don’t restart the device subsequently. I’m leaving mine on the old one :slight_smile:

Substituted n330 in the link for my PowerNode and back up and working!

Sorry.

Go to the downloads page on the German site and scroll down for older models.

You are fortunate. I’ve had a support ticket at Bluesound regarding this issue from the beginning. Many email responses and after the standard set of suggestions to reset my network, change cables etc. I was told that I’d need to wait for the next firmware update for a resolution.

If you go on live chat with them they will give you the support number to ring to request a remote session

Was not aware that live chat was an option. I logged my ticket through the app. Now I discover there is live chat on the Bluesound site.

1 Like

So i FINALLY got some help from BluOS support that “resolved” the issue of my Blouesound Node2i not showing as a roon ready device. I was working with 1 of their techs when another dropped in (Mark) he had me allow him remote access to my player with trheir built in linkup feature. He then rolled the firmware of my unit back prior to 3.20.45. After which it showed RToon ready in trhe BluOS app as wqell as showed roon ready in roon. He then said I could re update to 3.20.45 but to be sure not to run a facory reset as it will screw up the Roon connections. He essentially said its a bug in the new firmware BluOS engineers have reproduced and are working on a fix but obviously couldnt privide an ETA of when the fixed Firmware will be pushed out.

1 Like

Hi: I’m impacted by this issue but can’t seem to find a previous version of the BluOS firmware .img file you referenced. Could you possibly place a copy of that file in a location where I could download it and try to revert back? Thanks

What device are you trying to update?

NAD 3050 LE, with MDC 2 BluOS D module.

You may have more luck using live chat with Bluesound support and requesting a remote session with tech support. The German Bluesound site has older firmware but I don’t see the MDC modules there and the German NAD site only has the latest firmware.

I don’t see a 3050 usb stick file in any of the monthly directories.
I’d do as @BCBC suggests and do a live chat session from their support site.

List link below, too risky I think.
https://nadelectronics.com/wp1.nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/
then amend for month 2022/11/ etc.

Hello everyone,

I just got two new PULSE M this weekend and I have the same problem of non detection of ROON.

I was on the verge of returning the products, telling myself that the two new PULSE Ms received were not working well and I discovered the subject on the forum.

I was able to return to the previous firmware, for those who have a PULSE M speaker. You have to go to the following link

https://content-bluesound-com.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2022/10/P230_usb_stick_3.20.25.zip

Do you know how to block auto-update?

THANKS

1 Like

Same issue here with a DALI Sound Hub & Roon via NPM-1 module. I got in touch with the BluOS support but the results of the conversation and final advise from BluOS support is rather unpleasing. See jpg for reference.

best wishes, Christian

@noris can we have an update please, its concerning Bluesound are pushing users back to Roon.

Many Thanks