Bootstrapping roon from backups with Ansible?

Is there any way to bootstrap roon from the command line after a fresh install to restore it from a backup? I’d like to reload all the metadata, playlists, DSP settings, and such, from a backup without having to do this manually from the GUI.

The use case for this is that I’m configuring linux installs on my server using Ansible as I try various distros and I’d like to include roon in that process.

bump bump 10

bump

Hi, @ezman, sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I do not think that this is possible at the moment:

reload all the metadata, playlists, DSP settings, and such, from a backup without having to do this manually from the GUI.

Thanks!

Ivan

Thanks, @ivan

I wonder if this alternative might work. Backup /var/roon/RoonServer (see note below) and then copy the backup to the new OS using Ansible after Ansible does a fresh roon install. I recognize this could be error prone if any OS configuration was changed, especially if the location or mount for the music files has changed. But if the music is in the same place, do you think this approach would work to bring a new roon install to a known previous state?

Note: I should be clear that by backing up /var/roon/RoonServer, I mean backing up the roonserver’s data directory to a tar file, or copying it elsewhere, and not doing a backup using Roon’s internal backup system.

Thanks,
- Eric

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.