Brand Icons for Roon DAC's/Devices

Please keep your zone comments in the zone thread. I got heat for it and now you come here?

1 Like

You have a dac icon for the mojo do you not? Are you asking for a whole list of generic dac brand icons too? These only exist where the brand has done some effort to be roon ready

I am asking for a request, just like you are entitle to ask for your zones. Yes I want to have the ability to choose my icons base on my DAC’s brand that is my request.
Would they listen? Who knows?!? But at least I am putting it here.

That’s a lot of work for roon to create an icon for every brand of dac out there. Won’t hurt to ask but I would rather they fix bugs and add features on the roadmap. Maybe they can do a few propular brands that don’t have roon ready yet, but that lowers the bar for the brands to strive for contributions. Unless you are asking the brands to provide their artwork to roon…that might be possible or maybe an option to select your own artwork/image like you would with an album.

1 Like

You’re referring to device icons, but these will only be displayed if the DAC or streamer is a Roon certified device.

Because my Poly Mojo combination is used around the house I don’t use a Zone icon. Same for my Bluesound Pulse Flex. Every other zone is a fixed space so the zone icons work well.

Unless manufacturers fund the artwork through certification I can’t see how this request has legs. Indeed I wonder if Roon could do this without permission.

1 Like

Maybe I go about this the wrong way bit I’d like to choose the DAC icon as well. I.e. on my iPad I’ve got a DragonFly connected. Would be nice to be able to select the DragonFly icon. And so on…

3 Likes

Can you add a B&W Zeppelin Air and A7.

I know the A7 used to be there but it disappeared sometime ago.

1 Like

Taiko Audio Extreme – either a line drawing representation of the Extreme or the Taiko Audio logo:
logo-taiko-large
http://taikoaudio.com

Thank you,

Steve Z

1 Like

How about one for the Devialet Phantoms?

You have them on your website as “Roon Tested” devices, but we can’t display their icons for a device as they’re not Roon Ready. Would be nice to have the icons for the zone instead.

Also mentioned a while ago here - Phantom Line Art

1 Like

@mike

Could we have line art for the Phantoms too? Would be great. Thanks

1 Like

I have a Phantom Zone.

1 Like

Fully support this request.

1 Like

This is not a copyright problem, You are going about this the wrong way @Martin_Webster
What ever certification a USB program has to go to get an icon is understandable… But if you think about it… Is silly… If the USB device is supported on the OS, It works through Roon that’s the bottom line.

I am not going to argue here about what YOU and others think this should be or not… If it has legs or arms… This is a request and is up to roon to consider it.

Its obvious that others would like more device icons and or the ability to choose their own
If Roon is focusing on the future (Streaming Music) certification will fall between the cracks…

Is time to give the users a bit of freedom with device icons :stuck_out_tongue:

Note: A Network DAC is more understandable as a device that indeed will require “certification”

Since, this is a Feature Request, I am going to move it to the correct section.

4 Likes

I would love to see Schiit Audio icons.

1 Like

Hi there,

RME line and especially ADI-2 DAC would be great. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Maciej

3 Likes

Maybe we can get some more generic type icon like an AVR, DAC, Airplay logo, and even a Roon logo would be nice.

3 Likes

Why not let us users be creative and create our own line art/piccie? I.e. Open up for editing the Zone/DAC picture…

I’m sure this fora would be bristling with icons and pictures to choose from within a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

I would like the ability to chose the icon.

I have a microRendu connected to a Naim DAC-V1 and I get a picture of the Rendu and not the DAC which I find irritating tbh.

1 Like

Taiko Audio SGM Extreme, please. Either the Taiko Audio logo, or a pictograph of the SGM Extreme.

Thank you,

Steve Z

1 Like