Bridge collapse

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Version 1.7, Build 511 stable 64 bit.
Windows 10, 64bit - latest updates.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
SAM USB>Coax converter to NAD Digital integrated amp.

Description Of Issue
I’ve had Roon must be 3 years; this is my desktop/bridge setup.

After computer restart my SAM USB>Coax converter no longer shows in Audio Devices - I’ve been running this setup for about 1.5 years.

I’ve uninstalled Bridge, reinstalled and as an experienced Audio Dealer tried everything (I think) including moving the SAM converter to another system where it works perfectly.

PC USB out (I’ve tried 3 different ports front and back of PC) into SAM USB>Coax converter into NAD integrated.

I can pull up Bridge software ap on my Desktop but no SAM device shows up.

You should check your firewall settings (Windows updates sometimes reset fw exceptions).

ah thanks, however, when I reinstalled Bridge I made sure firewall allows access

Hi @Jay_Kaufman,

Any change if you disable any firewall / antivirus completely?

If you connect other devices to this RoonBridge machine do they show up as expected?

You also need to allow RAAT server, turning off the firewall altogether is best way to troubleshoot this

thanks, I just sorted it out: somehow Roon Bridge dropped/disabled my device and it was listed generically which I didn’t see nor recognize (there are like 6 who knows what items when in settings/audio) anyway, enabled, renamed back to original and all good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.