Bridge version 1.8 for Mac computers stops playing

Roon Core Machine

Roon core version 2.0 (build 1223) running on Mac Monterey version 12.6, Apple M1 2020 with 8GB
I have been running Roon for many years

Networking Gear & Setup Details

All devices connected by Ethernet with no problems running roon for many yars

Connected Audio Devices

I haveroon bridge version 1.8 (build 1125) running on a Mac High Sierra version 10.13.6. Mac mini 2011, with 2.5Ghz Core I5 processor and 16GB memory. Dedicated machine.The Mac with the bridge is not powerful enough for Monterey upgrade so I cannot instal version 2.0
I also have two NAD amplifiers connected as roon end points.

Number of Tracks in Library

II have 7,500 tracks

Description of Issue

I noticed that the bridge sometimes stops playing. This is a new problem and happens between 5 minutes and 30 minutes after start playing. If I press play it starts paying again from the beginning of the track I download bridge app and rebooted core and bridge. Also, in the about screen I see in the Roon Bridge a message saying “There was an error checking for an update”.
This problem does not seem to happen withe the other end points (the NAD amplifiers)
How can I solve this?

Is that machine only used for roon bridge?

You can install Big Sur or Monterey on that machine but I’m not sure how much you want to play rocket scientist.

Install macOS on unsupported macs.

Hi @Armando_Cabral ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, are you still seeing this issue at the present time? Can you please let us know the exact local date + time + track when you notice the issue next? If you connect the DAC directly to the Core instead of the Roon Bridge, does the issue still happen?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.