Bridged Ethernet Any Pro's or all Cons?

Hi Guys,
I’m looking into building or most likely buying a dedicated music server for ROON & from what I was reading online I’m seeing mixed messages about having a “bridged ethernet” system?

This is what I received in am email from VortexBox UK “The Bridged output can provide an address via DCHP, but note that Bridged output is not recommended by Roon and you may occasionally need to re-boot”

also…

Bridged Ethernet version has 2nd network port allowing NAA device such as microRendu to be attached directly without additional router connection. (Roon do not fully endorse bridging as Roon RAAT network protocol may not work reliably across sub-nets - So you may need to use a normal network connection with Roon)

This is one of the servers I’ve been looking at:

Can someone please explain this as the theory of “daisy chaining” ethernet connections, i.e network via one ethernet port & then straight out from the 2nd into your DAC would reduce noise from the switch etc…?

I know with my PS Audio Direct Stream Jnr DAC I will need to assign a static IP address which is easy enough to do.

Just keen to know what the “best build” for a music server is without having to take out a 2nd mortgage…

Cheers
Matt