Bring back local search / offline functionality for offline Roon Core [restored with Build 1365]

Roon mobile had 205 votes, making this the second most requested feature!

5 Likes

Since 2015 as wellā€¦ and this request has only been occurring for 6 days!!

Will have to wait another 6-7 years as obviously it is just a fad that everyone must want now, because no users have ever had local files on their systems before have they??:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

If Roon will not change the always internet connectivity - I will move my lifetime membership to the bin!

3 Likes

No permanent Internet for me, please!!!

2 Likes

Please let roon work without permanent internet access.

1 Like

167 votes, thatā€™s too low, no? Shouldnā€™t we more around 1000s to make the feedback ā€œwe listened to youā€?

1 Like

Hello,

we are a Roon-Partner with a highend-studio.
in our opinion it is a great disaster and fault.
how can it be, that it is not possibel to use your own music in your home without internet ???
who make this unbelievable fault ???
we will have many problems with our customers ;-(
I hope this problem will be fixed very fast !!

expectant greetings
ART&VOICE HighEnd-Systems Germany

16 Likes

Iā€™m very happy with Roon 2.0 and my internet is very stable so this doesnā€™t effect me personally.
In any case Iā€™d just use another player or spin vinyl if no Roon, no biggie.
However it seems reasonable for Roon to have some basic local file access in the absence of internet, so I voted yes.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if Roon also is aware of the fact that non of us will play music anymore if THEYā€™ve got an issue with THEIR infrastructure.

5 Likes

Hello,
please without internet. Voted.

3 Likes

a without Internet for me. Voted

3 Likes

Adding my vote.

3 Likes

Just learned that Roon 2.0 REQUIRES internet connectivity to play local files. But Roon Arc has an off-line mode. HUH?

Please implement a Roon 2.x off-line mode. Can be rudimentary playing, but Roon 2.0 going black even with local files with no internet access is unacceptable. Will immediately re-install Audirvana (lifetime subscriber to both) to ensure music access in case of internet hick ups.
Seriously? What was engineering thinking? Absolutely mind boggling step back.

12 Likes

Personally I listen to my music with a 24h connection but the idea of me not being able to listen the music if internet drops out (unfortunately happens, from time to time) itā€™s really uncomfortable plusā€¦ I donā€™t understand the purpose of that. Is anyone ā€œstealingā€ days of service?

I think we should have at least some days to re-sync the connection to help people which do not use an always on connection not to loose the opportunity of listening their music in their home.

I hope you can reconsider that. Cheers!

p.s. love the ARC! Thanks

1 Like

@Daniel_Geiger, @Enrico_Parzani1 - Iā€™ve moved your posts to the existing Feedback topic. Donā€™t forget to add your vote to the Feature Suggestion by using the Vote button at the top of the thread. Thanks.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been on the fence with regards buying a lifetime subscription for the last two years finally deciding to go for it this weekend after reading some positive press on ARC etc. However discovering the recent requirement for an always-on internet connectivity has caused me to reevaluate again. Adding my vote for a offline mode too.

Please add my vote for offline services.
My area/country has unstable power and also Internet services. I have backup power but cannot backup my ISPā€¦

Playing local music files the way roon does for me was the reason to choose roon as my player software some years ago.
This feature is now in question.
Maybe I have to reconsider my choice?

2 Likes

Why is this in a ā€žfeature discussionā€œ ?
This is a basic requirement and it has already been very different in 1.8 release. So this is a regression bug rather than a new ā€žfeatureā€œ.

4 Likes

More than 200+ votes in a very short time and most users are not even participating here (as communication in various online forums around the world shows who are distracted by the newly introduced need for permanent internet connection).

I donā€™t like to see more users moving away from Roon because of this - so maybe a workaround is able to be made (like it was in 1.8) ?

3 Likes