Slowness on Windows 10 after Windows Update KB4013429

@Eric This slowdown issue using Roon remote component on win10 is becoming more and more frustrating. As mentioned in my previous post, uninstalling update KB4013429 brought back the Roon UI to life. But I also pointed out that win10 does not allow you to block updates (at least in an official way) and I soon found that a new update KB405438 (which supersedes KB4013429) was waiting in the update queue to be installed. I had no choice but let it be installed following a shutdown. After reboot and a long install process, I checked how the Roon UI on win10 core server would react. Unfortunately, the same problems immediately reappeared : very poor responsivity, frequently unable to even move the Roon window on the screen. Frankly, the application becomes almost unusable.

So I had to enter a new lengty uninstall process (which may take over 45 mins!) to remove the update,which brings back the Roon UI to its usual,very good and responsive state. But I know I will have to face a new update in the next 24 hours, and I hope I will not have to waste my time resorting to this ugly uninstall kludge over and over again.

I saw today that I am not alone in this situation. It would be very interesting to see reports by other users.

My case shows that the problem is easily reproducible, and so offers a solid basis from which to work to find an explanation and hopefully a solution. In a way, this is good news. I thus offer all my collaboration to the Roon support team to dig into my system, run all sort of tests, produce all sorts of logs, etc.

Hoping to get some help,

Regards