Bruce Springsteen Western Stars - Not showing in Tidal section in Roon

Odd. My Roon still doesnt show Bruce’s new album in the Tidal section. This morning I went in to the Tidal app and made it a favorite but it doesn’t show in the overview. Later additions are there. Roon’s Tidal still doesn’t show it, eight hours after release. Irritating😡

I’ve also added this album and forced a Tidal sync but still will not show. Very strange!

Same here. Only the Qobuz version shows up.

I thought it was me being stupid. Strange as you can easily find the Album on Tidal.

Same here. BluOS app finds it via Tidal, Lightning DS app finds it via Tidal, Roon will not.

This is a high profile release so seems odd. Makes you wonder how many other artists/album don’t appear via Tidal.

It seems that other software is better than Roon. Lightning DS not show such issues. One can think of the money to pay for Roon considering such behaviour.

It just showed up in the Tidal new album section on my Roon feed…

Also available in Qobuz 96kHz 24 bit.

These threads seem to pop up whenever a new release by a major artist comes out. Although the time for database reconciliation has improved, Roon users simply shouldn’t expect to see streaming material first in Roon. The databases reconcile on a schedule, not in real time.

If seeing new releases asap is important to you then the Tidal and Qobuz apps will often have it quicker than Roon.

Hi, why can I not find Western Stars in Roon? It is available in Tidal. I have it there marked to my favourites. It is not shown either in Roon‘s search for Springsteen nor in Roon’s favourites.

You are right. Thank you. Thanks to Roon also for listing this first league album only after massive requests by their customers.

It’s just a timing issue, I think. Not sure why the Roon server didn’t synch this album with the other new albums on Tidal on Friday. The good news is that it’s there now! :grinning:

They come across on a timing synchronization of the databases, nothing to do with user messages.

I think that Roon should not just tell their customers what they should not expect from a software which costs a hundred euros a year but improve their software in a manner other software developers have done. Lightning DS has not such issues and costs nothing.

They do. From the roon Knowledge Base.

Why aren’t the latest albums on TIDAL available in Roon?

When you’re browsing TIDAL in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s TIDAL database, not a direct pass through of what’s shown on TIDAL – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind TIDAL when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated multiple times per week, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff, and will show up in a day or two.

4 Likes

I’ve downloaded Springsteen’s new album, Western Stars, on Tidal but it won’t show up on Roon, why?

Downloaded ? You can’t download from Tidal in Roon do you mean added as a favourite and it’s not showing up?

It has now downloaded into my Roon, strange!

Hi @Rob_Higginson. In this case, we simply didn’t get the metadata for this album in time for its release; the problem was corrected about 24 hours later.