Buffer not working

Hello,

I have a ubuntu linux with roon. My problem is, that whenever I want to change buffer size setting it keeps changing to “-”. I can select various values and hit “save”, but then I see quick reload and when I enter settings again, I can see it being “-” size. As a resut I can hear scrathing and other unpleasant results. Could it be a problem with Ubuntu itself being not the best “audiophile” system or it is a something else? @support

Regards,
Damian

Hello @Damian_Kozlowski,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. Can you please provide an overview of your setup using this link as a guide?

We would need to know the make/model of your DAC and Core system specs specifically what device is hosting your Ubuntu Roon integration, is it a NUC or some other kind of setup?

Can you please provide a screenshot of what happens when the buffer size page is showing up for you?
Can you also please confirm that you have updated your Roon version to the newest one we have available? You can check this in Settings -> About (on the top right-hand corner of the settings window), the newest one we have should be version 1.5 b323. Please let me know the above information when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello Noris,

In fact it was a dual setup system, that I was doing for our customer, that have bought your Roon license through us. He was greatly satisfied with Roon and our audio card. It was under a Windows 10. One time I visited him with another computer to show him how much improvement he will get with two computers – server and core setup. Another great results, he went for that setup. He gave me some time to reinstall everything as he went to a holiday. As I reckon, linux Is a much better choice for audio, so I wanted to do his Roon Core computer with a Ubuntu. Then I have encountered that problem. As I have run out of time, I came back to Windows. I don’t want to disappoint him with another waiting time, but for that problem I will try to take one of our computers at work and install ubuntu, our card and show that problem. Basically it doesn’t matter what dac I am using and what hardware. Problem is with OS I think. To clarify, I am using Pink Faun Audio Bridge as a PCI sound card. I will reach out as soon as possible with more info. Thanks for response!

Regards,
Damian

Hello @Damian_Kozlowski,

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate you letting me know you noticed this issue on his machine. If you are able to reproduce this issue, then this is certainly something that I want our QA team to be aware of. I am almost positive that they will want to enable diagnostics mode on the machine(s) that are affected with this issue so if you have a different email associated with the Customer’s machine or your machine, please PM it to me and we can enable diagnostics mode and take a deeper look at what could be going wrong here. You should also know that we have our own custom built Linux version called ROCK, and you can read more about that OS here if you choose to go down that route. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Noris