BUG: Albums are added, but when playing, thinks it is not added?

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS918+

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet, Normal Windows 10 PC, Roon for Windows

Connected Audio Devices

Chord 2qute DAC, outputs to Amp/speakers

Number of Tracks in Library

12,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Essentially, the application appears bugged. I often notice a song playing, and click on it to get to the album like below

And then it comes up like below, but it thinks its not in my library and there are no love hearts to like/dislike the songs.

But if I go to versions, every version of the album is added to my library.

This happens a lot and is really frustrating, I have to go to versions and click the one I want to listen to before I can click ‘heart’ on a song etc.

When I click on a version, it then seems to realise its in my library.

Weird bug

This is not a bug, but the fact that the song is being played directly from one of your streaming services (Tidal or Qobuz), not from your library. So if you click on the album link, it will show the album in the streaming service catalogue, not the version that you have added to your library.

If you use the standalone Qobuz or Tidal apps, they use the :heart: symbol for marking your favourite tracks, albums or artists in their apps. If you have Qobuz and/or Tidal integrated into Roon, then favouriting an album or a track also has the effect of adding the album or the track into your Roon library.

The imported album or track will not have Roon’s :heart: symbol automatically added to it and this is by design. The Roon Favourite function is for the content of your Roon library and is independent from the Favourite functions in the Qobuz and Tidal standalone apps. So the Roon favourite :heart: symbol is only available for the contents of your library - you won’t see it if you are using Roon to look at an album in the catalogue of a streaming service.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.