Bug for Lyrics Display in Web Display

Windows 10 Roon Version 1.7 (build 511) stable (64bit)

Here is how you can reproduce my error:

1. Play a song with synced lyrics (lyrics obtained from LYRICS tag). The web display can display the lyrics correctly.
  2. If the next song does not have any lyrics or also has lyrics from tag, the web display will stuck with the lyrics of the first song. But the remote can still display the lyrics correctly.
  3. Then, the web display will only change its lyrics when you play a song with lyrics obtained from Roon’s metadata.

I can reproduce this error with both Google Home Hub and Chrome web display.

Hi @erebuxy,

Thanks for the report! I’ll pass this along to the team for investigation.

Hi @erebuxy,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

Hi @dylan, thank you for your response! I am glad that the technical team could reproduce the behavior. I will keep monitoring this thread if there is any further update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.