Bug in forum software

Lately, if one shells out to an external link then upon returning, via browser back button, one is no longer logged into forum.

Definitely not the end of the world, just another annoying pebble in my shoe.:sunglasses:

Works just fine here using:

iOS: Safari or Google Chrome.
Win10: Google Chrome, MS Edge, MS IE11, Firefox

What OS and browser do you use?

Should also say, In the forum preferences … I have it set to open external links in a new tab.

Browser left arrow, closes the new tab (current focus) and reverts to forum tab.

Firefox under macOS. This just started happening within the last week. Was forum software updated, recently?

Yeah, I’ll try that, but I never had to do that before. Something changed in the forum software. Humor me and turn off that ‘new tab’ check box and see what happens.

No big deal and since no one else seems to be experiencing this, it isn’t worth any more effort.

Sounds a little like this, but not exactly?

If that sounds similar, this sounds like a Firefox bug that they’ve confirmed will be fixed soon.

I found that disabling my anti-tracking plugin for this site helped with this problem.

Thanks, but I don’t think I’m using one of those.

Thanks, but I don’t see the similarity. In any event, I turned on the ‘new tab’ option in my profile and that circumvents the problem.

Something has happened in the last 7 days, but I’m through obsessing about it.

Peace.