Bug in merge artists: missing albums in discography

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OS Big Sur

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi Dream Machine

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Holo Audio May DAC, USB

Description Of Issue

After merging two artists, when viewing discography, only Qobuz albums from the primary artist name are shown in the discography section. I‘d expect the albums from all the merge artists be displayed there.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add albums from two artists in Qobuz to the library so that these two artists appear in the library
  2. Go to artists list and merge these two artists
  3. Pick one of the artist as the primary
  4. Afterward, go to the artist’s discography section. Only the albums from the primary artist you picked is displayed there.

Qobuz sometimes has a couple albums of the artist under a slightly different name. Hence, I‘d need to merge the two slightly different artist names. e.g., artist might be shown in Qobuz under both English and Chinese names, but it’s really the same artist.

Hey @sound.wave,

Thanks so much for describing your use case. I was wondering, can you reproduce this process for any artist?

In the meantime, I’ve reached out to our technical team about this as they have much more insight than I do. You will hear back from them as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience so far (we wish it wouldn’t have taken us this long :pleading_face:).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.