Bug Report - Audio from radio sounds like its in slow motion

Roon Core Machine

NUC10i5 Tall, 16GB 2666Mhz Crucial Dual Rank, 250gb XLR8 NVME SSD Running the OS, 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD SATA For My Music Storage

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity White XFI WIFI 6 Router With White XPOD Connected VIA Wired to Router and Taking Snapshot Every Week at 12AM EST And Stores it On My SMB NAS Server From Synology Running 2x4TB Drives on Raid 1. My Synology Model Is DS218J 2 Bay White NAS

Connected Audio Devices

2 Chromecast Devices 1 In Upstairs Bedroom/Attic & 1 In Downstairs Bedroom Located Next to Garage. KEF LS50 Speakers Located In Master Bedroom Next To Kitchen. Upstairs Is Located Next to Kitchen As Well. Living Room Denon AVR with HEOS Built In. Living Room Located In Kitchen.

Number of Tracks in Library

11964 Tracks All FLAC Mostly With A Total Size Of 351.72GB

Description of Issue

Playing The Chilltrax Miami Radio Station. The MP3 128kbps Server Format to My Chromecast Upstairs and In Living Room and In Master Bedroom. When I started Roon up and started the music to the living room. The audio was fine. When I played the same radio station in the same format/server to upstairs bedroom to my chrome cast is started to play the music in slow mo. I had to stop the music from the chrome cast and replay it and it fixed the issue. Same thing happened when I did it played the same station to my KEF Speakers so now I have 3 audio devices playing in 3 rooms at the same time. I had to pause it then play it again. I’m not sure if its my network using to much bandwidth or my Roon server is the issue with performance. All Audio Devices I Stream to are connected via wi-fi 5 or AC. because Audio Devices don’t support wi-fi 6 or AX. My Devices are connected to the router over the radio frequency aka wi-fi.

Hi @Charles_Eck, I tried to reproduce this but wasn’t able to. The next time this happens can you make a note of the time you’re seeing it and what device you’re playing to? Afterwards, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service). I’ll take a look at the logs. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.