Bug report: Roon Core keeps on emptying and filling my database when I'm adding new material

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Pro using OS X El Capitan and Roon Core 1.8 build 764.
CD:s are stored on a Synology NAS using DSM 6.2.3-25426 update 3.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mac Pro and NAS connected to a D-Link switch (D-Link DGS-1210-10) using network cables.
The router in the networks is a Livebox supplied to me by my Internet provider Orange.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

In the network there are several Sonos Connect boxes (one of the is connected with a network cable and the others using WiFi), Sonos Playbar (using WiFi) and two Sonos Play 5 (using WiFi). There’s also one Marantz AVR (SR7012) connected with a network cable, one iFi DAC and a Focal Arche connected to two separate computers (iMac and MacBook Pro).

Description Of Issue

When I’m ripping my CD:s and adding them to my CD Collection on the NAS the Roon Core starts scanning. During that process the added to the database. Suddenly the Roon Core starts emptying the database and the number of available albums are shrinking.

My CD collection is about 4000 CD:s large. When the number of albums reaches about 1000 the Core stops emptying and then starts adding albums again. This can go on for quite a while - emptying, adding, emptying, adding etc.

All this makes it impossible to listen to an album since it can suddenly disappear from the database. What’s even more enjoying is that the import date on an album is also updated to today’s date.

I’m using Apple’s Music (previously iTunes) for ripping my CD:s to ALAC files. To do this I’m using an iMac with macOS Big Sur 11.2.3. Most of my CD:s are stored as ALAC files, the rest in MP3.

Hi @Cotignac

Can you share a screen shot of Settings > Storage?

The next time this starts happening can you make a note of the time it occurs and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)?

Thanks!

Attached you’ll find a screen shot of the settings.

Do you want me to change language to English and make another screen shoot?

New screen shot in English.

I have not created a zipped log file when the problem occurred today.
At about 9.33 AM the Roon database started to shrink. After a while Roon Core started adding albums again.
At about 10.35 AM the database started shrinking again. Now when I stopped ripping albums to the database it’s stable again. Many on the albums I have imported earlier have now got a new date and time for the import date.

The log file can be found on my shared dropbox account. I have shared it and send a message to community@roonlabs.com.

This is the link to my Dropbox folder:

Do you have any news regarding this bug?

It’s getting very enjoying to have this problem every time I’m adding new CD:s to my collection. Today for example I was listening to Mike Oldfield as I was ripping some CD:s. Suddenly the message “The record has been deleted” appears on the screen and the music stops.

It’s soon a month since I reported this bug. Have you been able to reproduce it and found a solution yet?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.