Build 1.7 Build 511 replacing Build 505

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Rock 1.0 Build 183, Roon Core 1.7 Build 505, awaiting a relaunch to Build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAS -> ROCK -> SonoreUPnP Bridge -> Naim NDS

Description Of Issue

Quick Question - So I have 1.7 Build 505 on a HP Elitebook 2540p, which doesn’t open due to the OpenGL version check, which halts the application - how do I update it to Build 511?

Grab a new installer from the download page and install it?

And this is a complete application over-write?
And the installers have been updated to the 1.7 Build 511?

Just checking the appropriate course of action.

I never noticed anything else but doesn’t have to do it often. :wink: You should be able to deinstall it first, using the usual OS functionality to do so should work (doesn’t have to run the software for it), if in doubt.

Try and see or wait for a confirmation through Roon staff here.

Hi @simon_pepper,

Since Build 511 was just released a few hours ago, I don’t believe our downloads page has the newest build uploaded yet, we’re still working on this aspect.

Once the new build is available on our downloads page you should be able to install it on your Windows client.

ok, great.
Any idea when this will be done (Installers installing the latest version)?

Just so you won’t be unduly disappointed, they (Roon) never responds to such questions. There attitude is that it will be released when it’s ready.

Hi @simon_pepper,

I just checked in with the technical team and they have confirmed that our installers from the site have been updated with the new build, I would give it another try.

And I have, and I am now back to be able to run Roon on that HP Elitebook.

@mike So all seems to be working fine - no odd graphics elements so far!

Many thanks,
Simon.

1 Like

Hi @noris,

I downloaded RoonBridge and reinstalled on my endpoint, but it remained at build 169.
When the new Bridge package will be available for download? It is possible to identify it on the downloaded file?

Thanks in advance

Hi @nimitz,

Are you able to go to Roon Settings -> About and update your bridge that way?

Hi @noris,

My endpoint is not able to automatically update RoonBridge, because it is not connected to the internet.
But I should be able to update it manually with a new setup exe.
But the downloaded file is exactly the same as the one I already had.

My endpoint is not connected to the internet, so I’d be interested in this.

The digital signature for the downloaded (Win) roonbridge.exe is dated 22 January 2019.

1 Like

Hi @nimitz/@denniswaugh,

I just tried downloading the RoonBridge Windows x64 and x32 from our Downloads Page and they appear to be on the newest build for me, can you please try downloading them again and let me know if you see the same?

Hi @noris,

The same file is downloaded again for bridge x64:

• RoonBridgeInstaller64.exe
  • 1750kb
  • 22 January 2019

The 32bit version is from 19 December 2019, but the 64bit version remains 22 January 2019.
Checked right now again.

Hi @noris

I managed to temporarily connect my endpoint to the internet, and the RoonBridge update took place immediately.
The version is now 172.

Although, I would like do manually download the x64 version for backup purposes.

Thanks.

Hi Carlos_Aniceto
The Windows x64 version has been updated (20/12/2019).
Many thanks to
noris
Roon Labs: Support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.