Build 147 - "There was an issue loading your database"

Hi-

Today, I received a popup on my tablet (Android) stating that there was a Roon update available. I clicked on “update all” as I usually do when this happens, where it shut down the windows PC running the main software and performed the upgrade. During the database update process, it eventually lands with this error after about 5 minutes. I’ve tried shutting it down, starting it back up, and I get the same error. I’m hoping my DB is salvageable as I appreciate knowing what albums I’ve added recently.

I’ve made no changes to the system and was listening to music prior to clicking the update all button.

Hey @narkotic - I’m going to follow up via PM and we’ll get some more info about what’s going on here. Stand by!

Same hear, but I started the update from my iPad.

I suddenly got this error after updating to the latest release … does anyone have a solution, or can someone from Roon Support contact me please?

Thanks,

-Jamey.

Hi James,

Let’s flag @vova to give you a hand.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @James_Nielsen – we’ll take a deeper look here and figure this out. Myself or @Eric are going to follow up via PM so stand by.

Sorry for the trouble!

Just selected the latest software update today and now I’m getting the “Unable to load database” error. Rebooted laptop - still have the problem. Windows 10 Home , 64 bit. Any help would be appreciated

Hi @Chuck_Simon ----- Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience here. I would like to get our developers some more information about the problem you’re experiencing, and will be contacting you via PM momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

-Eric

I’m having the same problem. Running a Microsoft Surface 3 PC. Everything was fine before today.

Hi @Stephen_Graham ------ Thank you for bring this to our attention. Please standby and I will contact via PM to start the troubleshooting process. Thanks!

-Eric

Same thing here. Just did the most recent update, and now it tries to update the database and fails, giving the “There was an issue loading your database” error message. Rebooting the computer doesn’t help. Win 10 on a desktop.

@Stevan_Brasel ---- Incoming! Drafting some troubleshooting notes for you right now. Please standby, thanks!

-Eric

same here. Couldnt load database. gaaah! Help! Didnt even initiate the update. Started by itself when started Roon on my core.

I, too, get the problem loading the database error after the latest update. I’m using an HP desktop with Windows 10 and an attached USB HDD as the Roon data source. I have had no issues since the initial install about 1.5 years ago. Roon Support assistance would be appreciated.

I have the same problem! Help me!

@bigj ----- Thank you for the report contacting you via PM now.

-Eric

@Chad_Hess ---- Sending you a PM right now, please stand by. Thanks!

I am facing the same problem. I upgraded from Roon 1.2 and thereafter I got another message saying that there was a new software available and I should upgrade. When I did that the program looked like it was processing my request, however after a few minutes I got a message saying that there was an issue loading my database.
I am using a Windows 10 machine 64 bit with my data is stored on Qnap NAS and two hard disks. After this message I am not able to reboot into Roon although I have tried rebooting my PC numerous times as well as closing and opening the Roon app. Now I am not able to use rune or listen to music at all. Please could you assist.

@bakkiung — Sending you a PM with troubleshooting instructions momentarily. Thanks!

-Eric

@Burge_Cooper1 ---- Contacting you right now via PM, thanks!

-Eric