Build 165: No sound using DoP [Fix in progress]

Ok, using the settings in your screenshots, I am seeing similar symptoms here guys.

We are investigating now, so thanks for your patience and apologies for the trouble.

Thank you Alan for all your assistance. Just so you know I am a computer engineer. I do very much appreciate your assistance, very much. Yes I have the latest Benchmark drivers, version 1.61.0. I have completely removed the drivers and Roon from the server, my laptop, and the Surface and reinstalled from scratch three times now.

On a straight install Roon automatically updates to Build 165 so I don’t have the option of running an old version. I do not have a Benchmark WASAPI zone to choose from. Maybe because I am running a headless server… shrug.

All was perfect until build 165. I also installed JRiver on the server and using remote desktop from my laptop it plays DSD perfectly…

BTW- I have a Benchmark DAC2 HGC, and a DAC3 HGC will be arriving next week… sorry to be irritated… I do apologies, but grrrrr :slight_smile:

With Mike’s assistance I was able to go back to build 161. All is working perfect again. Thank you Mike.

Mike,

Do you have the 64 bit version of build 161 available that you can send me?

I got the 32 bit version. I always opp for 64 bit version, but it doesn’t seem to really matter on Roon. The 32 bit version of build 161 appears to work perfect for me as of now.

WASAPI is a DSD compliant driver. Must be something on your DAC end. Let’s hope they can get this in with the 1.3 release, otherwise it could be a while. Thank goodness for native DSD via ASIO!

Yes, check the link I sent you again, I just updated it.

I just grabbed the 64 bit files. Works perfect. Thank you Mike for fantastic support.

Thank you, Sir! DSD works again on all DAC’s.

Hello,

I’m having the same issue… please see my post today in Support concerning DoP signal locking issue.

Hopefully one of the Roon guys can please help me with this fix? Sounds like a revert to previous generation software requiring a link sent by email? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Kevin Callahan

So no updates on a resolve yet? Yes, build 161 works for me, however a couple people in various forums are asking if Roon has fixed this issue yet.

Hello,

Since the update last week I’m having trouble getting Roon to recognize DoP tracks sent over the DoP protocol into my dCS Paginini upsampler. It works intermittently, but not consistently, and sometimes not at all at least in the short term. The dCS upsampler clock is set to 176 ks per dCS. The Roon player shows a track playing, but the signal is not locking into the audio gear. If I push play a few times Roon shows an error message. Other music at 176 ks or other sampling rates works fine.

I can’t be totally certain that this is related to the software update, as I have just recently begun to add and play more dsd tracks, but I never had the problem before and it begun immediately after the software updated last week

I’m using a Sound Science music server with Windows 10, 32gb of ram, with a Lynx sound card running an AES cable into my dCS gear. The cable locks at each end. I have checked and rechecked the Roon audio settings, using both asio and wasapi outputs, and can’t find any issue there. Properly set to DoP. Again, it works intermittently, just has trouble identifying or locking onto the DoP signal. The DCS gear is properly set for this as well.

It sounds really great when it works and the ability to run dsd over the existing cable is a great thing, but there is a glitch somewhere.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin Callahan

Hi,

I have the same problem with 165 built on my win 10 lenovo T430s laptop and geekout 450 portable dac.
DoP plays “silent” DSD64 and 128 tracks using JPlayI (in any mode) or Light Harmonic ASIO output. With Geek Out WASAPI output all DSD tracks are converted to PCM. The only HQPlayer end point plays DSD tracks normally. Forgot to mention that PCM tracks play ok with any end point.
I have reverted to built 161 which plays DSD tracks perfectly and decided to keep it until this issue is resolved. I got however software update popups from ROON every time power is on and ROON running.
Is there any way to disable upgrade notifications

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Chris

Hey guys,

We have implemented a fix and will be sending it to QA soon. Hoping to release it as soon as it’s fully tested.

Again, sorry for the trouble here – @chris_gajzler @Kevin_Callahan I’ll follow up with you both about rolling back to 161 for the time being.

Good news @mike

I paused my sub for Tidal for a few days and therefore i disabled the service in Roon Settings.
I decided to reactivate my account this afternoon.
Once again i was unable to login to my Tidal account at first!
So i tried changing my login name to all small letters this time, and voilá; login succeded!

Im running Roon server on a QNAP TS-470 Pro, control by iPad/iPhone, playing to Roon Bridge on different Pi’s or MacMini.

All ---- As @Mike mentioned we have been working on a fix to rectify this issue. Please be advised that build 168 is available which should address this problem :sunglasses: May I kindly ask you to share your observations once you’ve updated. Many thanks!

-Eric

Yea, seems to work good! Actually I have noticed one other very small problem seems resolved also. I had noticed in the past that switching between PCM and DSD albums would not always be very smooth. It would switch but require me to press the play button a second time. Now it seems like it switches between very smoothly without any issues at all!

Thank you very much! Are these files going to be posted so I can grab them as a fall back if needed in the future?