Build 207 - Library doesn't load [Resolved]

I’ve updated from build 204 to build 207 and now my entire library will not load. I notice a few oddities when looking at the settings…

Under “Storage”: my four folders (local storage on the NUC) say “Watching for new files in real time” without giving any indication of the number of tracks/files found.
Under “Audio”: there are no zones displayed nor are there any audio outputs listed that are directly connected to the core (which I don’t use and have disabled but they should still show up).

I have a backup from last night that I’ve tried restoring with no luck. I’ve tried completely wiping my database and starting over and setting up a storage location with luck however I would like to avoid recreating the entire database.

I’ve tried deleting the file tidal_account under Database/Registry/Core and it gets me away from the “spinning” Roon logo but then takes me to an overview page with 0 albums/artists/tracks, etc. I’ve tried removing storage locations, rebooting the core, starting and stopping the core process, deleting everything in Database/Registry/Core, all with no luck. I’ve tried looking through the logs but I don’t know what I’m looking for.

@support: can you please help?

One thing I do find in the logs that’s consistent is this critical failure:

03/01 15:14:49 Critical: Library.Init: System.FormatException: Invalid MusicDb.LocalPerformer: couldn't find a name or id for this performer
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.PerformerLiteData..ctor (Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibrarySettings settings, MusicDb.LocalPerformer local, Sooloos.Msg.Metadata.Performer metadata, MusicDb.PerformerOverlay overlay) [0x00614] in /home/roon/roon/Broker/Core/music/music_performer_data.cs:192 
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.PerformerData..ctor (Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibrarySettings settings, MusicDb.LocalPerformer local, Sooloos.Msg.Metadata.Performer metadata, MusicDb.PerformerOverlay overlay) [0x00000] in /home/roon/roon/Broker/Core/music/music_performer_data.cs:74 
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.MusicDatabase.TryGetValue (System.Int64 performerid, Sooloos.Broker.Music.PerformerData& data, System.Boolean cache) [0x000e9] in /home/roon/roon/Broker/Core/music/music_database.cs:1852 
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.MusicDatabase._GeneratePerformer (System.Int64 performerid, System.Boolean cache) [0x00000] in /home/roon/roon/Broker/Core/music/music_database.cs:2057 
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.MusicDatabase.PutPerformer (MusicDb.LocalPerformer local, Sooloos.Msg.Metadata.Performer metadata, MusicDb.PerformerOverlay overlay, System.Boolean force_mappings) [0x006f3] in /home/roon/roon/Broker/Core/music/music_database.cs:1225 
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.MusicDatabase.MigrateIfNeeded (Sooloos.Broker.State state) [0x00d37] in /home/roon/roon/Broker/Core/music/music_database.cs:451 
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Library.Init (Sooloos.Broker.Database db) [0x00322] in /home/roon/roon/Broker/Core/music/music_library.cs:270 
03/01 15:14:49 Info: [loadstatus] IsLibraryUpgradingDatabase True => False
03/01 15:14:49 Info: [loadstatus] IsLibraryLoadFailed False => True

It looks like it’s what sets the library loading state to a failure.

Hey @ktrahan – we’re looking into this. Stand by.

1 Like

Build 208 takes care of this issue for me. Thanks for the support, @mike!

1 Like