Build 216: 1 sec dropouts since updating [Resolved]

As above experiencing random 1 sec dropouts every 10 mins or so since 216. Core iMac 2013 Ethernet to rpi3 with hifi berry digi + diet Pi and roon bridge - small m8 dac to powered speakers

No previous issues of this nature since this build. Have rebooted everything. Anyone else ?

Hi @Paul_Butler ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are appreciated. To help me better understand what could be causing this behavior to occur, may I kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

1. A brief but accurate description of your network configuration/topology, as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I want to have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connections possible.

2. Can you please verify where your music is being stored and the size of your collection based on number of tracks.

3. When you do notice this behavior, is it with both local and TIDAL content? Do you find that file format or sample rate have any influence on this issue?

4. If you play directly out of the internal speakers of your core machine (2013 iMac) do you still receive dropouts?

-Eric

Thanks Eric

2013 27in imac core with library of around 5000 tracks. Mostly in itunes but hires in Music folder. Stable 25mbps fibre cable connection to internet. 500gbps powerline network (no issues). Ethernet to rapsperry pi 3 running dietpi and roonbridge. Hifiberry digi+ SPDIF HAT coax to SMSL M8 DAC to powered speakers. All content upsampled to 192k in Roon DSP (max resolution of DAC in SPDIF).

No previous issues with dropouts before build 216 update. Build 218 has not improved. Seems to be mainly with TIDAL but will need to test more. Haven’t tried Core to built in output yet - that’s a good idea. Will update whether local content is affected after some more listening. Seems to occur more when i first start listening and reduces, but i must stress it is random. Can be fine for 20 mins and then have a brief dropout. Always returns without issue.

1 Like

Hi @Paul_Butler ---- Thank you for touching base with me and taking the time to answer my questions. I will be sure to keep an eye out for any further feedback!

Moving forward, do you find that this issue occurs regardless if the DSP feature is engaged or disengaged in Roon?

-Eric

Away from home at present (wouldnt it be great to have a mobile Roon :slight_smile: ). Will test on my return and update

Thanks Eric

1 Like

Hi @Paul_Butler ---- Thank you for touching base with me! I will be on the lookout for your feedback :sunglasses:

-Eric

3 hours - mix of tidal and local content - no issues. Maybe it was a local isp issue. Close ticket I reckon - thanks Eric

1 Like