Build 216: Unable to access Roon [Resolved]

I have a similar problem after updating windows 10 and roon to build 216.
I cannot sucessfully start roon core.
“Roon doesn’t work anymore. Looking for a solution”
After a few moments it says: “there is no solution, you will be informed”

Everything was working fine for over a year until today after updating win 10 and roon to build 216…

Any advice? @support

Hi @Christoph ----- Thank you for chiming in and sharing your feedback with us.

May I kindly ask you to please provide the details of your current setup and brief description of the exact behavior you are noticing. Which devices is it occurring on? What is being seen on those devices? Etc.

-Eric

Hi @Eric
I have a win 10 powerhouse (i7 6700, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD systemdisc, 6TB HDD for the music) for the heavy lifting of roon and HQPlayer.
On this PC I run roon core and stream to a HQPlayer NAA and several squeezeboxes.
Today I updated win10 and roon to build 216 and since that I can’t succesfully start roon core on the win 10 powerhouse.
When I try to start roon on that PC I see the artists quotes and then roon shuts down with an error something like “roon doesn’t work anymore”…

What else do you need to know?

I am listening to music over HQPlayer alone, no roon at all.

“Roon funktioniert nicht mehr
Das Programm wird aufgrund eines Problems nicht richtig ausgeführt. Das Programm wird geschlossen und Sie werden benachrichtigt, wenn eine Lösung verfügbar ist”
“Roon doesn’t work anymore
The program cannot be executed properly, due to a problem. The program is being closed and you will be notified when a solution is available”

Hi @Christoph ---- Thank you for the feedback! Just to make sure you aren’t experiencing a different issue then what is being reported, you are seeing the following, correct?

-Eric

No, I don’t see anything because roon core does shut down with the above failure notice.

@Christoph ---- Apologies for the confusion on my part and thank you for the clarification. I would like to grab a set of you logs from the device hosting your Roon core and will be reaching out to you via PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric

1 Like

@Eric
The logfiles are successfully uploaded with my username
TIA

1 Like

Thanks @Christoph! Confirming that they’ve been received and are in our queue. We appreciate your patience while we conduct our analysis.

-Eric

1 Like

Hi @Eric

Should I try to uninstall roon and do a fresh re-install?

Hi @Christoph ----- Apologies for the wait. What I would suggest, is trying with a fresh install (temporarily) while we are evaluating your logs.

• Locate your Roon database according to these instructions
  • Rename the entire Roon folder to roon_old
  • Relaunch Roon, sign in, and configure a new install
  • Let us know if you see this database error again

-Eric

Title says it all, Roon just did an update and now my database won’t load. Windows 10, one internal and two external hard drives. Help!

Ran windows update and did a reboot, same problem. Double click Roon icon and a screen comes up that says “there was an issue loading your database, don’t worry Roon staff is ready to help”.

Hi @Michael_Cole ----- Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and my apologies for troubles. I have went ahead and moved your post over to this thread as it would seem that you are experiencing the same behavior that is being reported by Christoph.

I would like to grab a set of logs from you, but first would like to gather the following information:

1. Can you please provide me with a brief but accurate description of your current setup.

2. Michael and @Christoph, can you confirm if this (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015583/windows-10-update-kb4015583) is the Win10 update you both took at the time of the problem?

-Eric

1 Like

Hi @Eric

I can’t tell you for sure if that was the exact Win 10 update. I just updated all what Win 10 “suggested”…

Computer feeding USB direct to DAC

Windows 10 home, 64 bit
Version 1607
OS build 14393.1066
Intel i5-6500 3.20ghz
16 gb ram
Samsung solid state drive for operating system
1 internal drive and 3 external drives

The problem began after the Roon update, not the Windows update.

Hi @Eric

You have been spot on.
Moving that DSD512 file cured my beloved roon :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Cole ----- Thank you for chiming in and sharing your feedback with us. I will be contacting you momentarily via PM to grab some logs from you.

-Eric