Build 259 UI Changes Feedback Thread

I didn’t have anything against the original behaviour but I like the new style. Clean and easy to use.
Won’t take long to get used to.

1 Like

Love the new play options. The pop down menu is sweet.

3 Likes

I also love new play button and options.

:v:

Just for the fun of it I’ve gone looking for this undo option. Where the heck is it?

It appears momentarily when you destroy your queue

A post was split to a new topic: Build 259 has yet to come to me (ROCK)

Ah, didn’t pay attention to that little overlay that appears.

That said, I think there needs to be more robust management options with regards to the queue. Many won’t realize they destroyed their queue until well after that little overlay has disappeared. Especially if liquor is involved.

An option for non destructive party mode comes to mind. iPeng has this feature which is great when handing around the remote to friends.

3 Likes

Love the new one-click buttons, thanks!

4 Likes

It disappear definitly to fast. Till my old brain registered I had made a mistake, it is already gone.

That’s the point. With roon as it was till yesterday I had no problem to gave the remote to a party guest. As it is now, destruction of the queue is garanteed, if a guest lay his hand on the remote, I don’t like it. One aspect that made Roon superior to other players is gone now.

1 Like

No that’s not the point. The old way wasn’t non destructive, it was just more annoying when using it in a non party atmosphere. Everyone I hand the remote to destroys the queue when playing the track of their choice.

could we simply have another default option for the play button that is add to queue?

so it’s
play now
play from here
add to queue

that are the options in the track play action in settings.

This would go a long way to keep both sides of the debate happy.

.sjb

7 Likes

Yep, @Sloop_John_B that was also another feature in iPeng that I think would work well in Roon. Being able to define the default action for the button.

I’m not sure why ‘Play Now’ should clear the rest of the queue? I would assume that it would add the track to the top of the queue and start playing it immediately, quitting the currently playing track if there is one.

7 Likes

Love the new implementation :slight_smile: - Really neat and cool! Much more like a CD player.

But I can understand the queue lovers who bemoan the easy destruction of the queue.

How about modifying slightlly by adding whatever the various Play buttons do to the top of the queue automatically? Haha. Steve’s just posted the same thing above whilst I am typing this :slight_smile:

Not wishing to decry your sterling work, guys! Good job!

Working on it :wink:

11 Likes

When I press ‘Play Now’ I want it to play that track not queue up the track and play it. Unless of course I’ve specifically put my queue into non destructive mode. (Currently unavailable).

I would expect a menu option that said ‘Add Next and Play’ would do what you expect.

Thank you Roon! Appreciate the one click “play” feature. Something to look forward to when I get home from work tonight. Keep up the wonderful work fellas!

3 Likes

I agree that it should play the track immediately. But why should it clear the queue.
It should play the track and then continue with the rest of the queue.

8 Likes

The range of disagreement here speaks not for the feature being bad, or wrong, but for more configuration options.

12 Likes