Build 269 causes a problem with my NAS

Have you tried option 1), that is, running Roon Core on a server that does not mount your NAS SMB share directly, and specify that SMB share to Roon directly in the Storage tab of Roon’s settings, eg. in my case

\\xxx.xxx.x.xx\music

where xxx.xxx.x.xx is the IP address of my NAS and music is the SMB shared folder?

Thanks.
I have not tried option 1) because there are other programs on the Linux system that have to access the NAS, not just Roon Core. For example, HQPlayer on its own.

Hey @bibo01 – Eric and I discussed this, I know this has gone on longer than any of us would like.

Just to be clear, when you tested:

In this configuration, Roon wasn’t looking at any network shares at all, right? Not in Settings > Storage? What about in Backups? Or in the File Browser (Settings > Storage > Add Folder > Browse)?

If we’re going to run that test, just want to make sure we’re really only using local storage.

Further, apologies if you already discussed this with Eric, but I didn’t see it – did Synology Support have anything to say about this CPU usage? Were they able to give any insight about what might cause it, or whether it’s something to be concerned about? Is this having other negative effects or are you mostly concerned about what you’re seeing in the monitoring?

Roon can be pretty aggressive when rescanning drives but that’s by design, and on my Synology the numbers do not get as high as your screenshots. That said, this kind of thing is of course going to be limited by the CPU in the NAS, the performance of the network, etc, so I just want to make sure I understand the context of all of this before we have a developer spend time trying to reproduce it or analyze any diagnostics from your setup.

Everytime I start Roon Core I have got about 10 seconds of connection time to the server before I lose it, as my NAS goes “beserk”. So, I have to be quick to check Roon Settings.
Is there any way to check Settings without having connection to a library? It would help me a great deal.

In Settings > Storage I have only one path pointing locally at /media/samba/Music/, which of course is my NAS on the Ethernet LAN. However, in the past I have tried a network folder - /192.168.0.98/public/Music - but it was giving me problems (sometimes I would not see the Music folder). I am not sure if this past choice is still lurking in bg. Perhaps the logs I already sent to Eric could shed some light on this.

Backups - I have never used it or setup anything in it.
Settings > Storage > Add Folder > Browse - nothing.

I sent NAS system logs to Synology Support. They said that everything was normal in normal conditions (that is when Roon Core was not started on the server side). A CPU consumption of around 50% was also typical for my NAS model. They only expressed some concern for two bad HD sectors. I may also add that my NAS model, although lowly powered with single HD, has always been capable of supplying music playback to Roon (even movie playback for other applications) - this is to point out as well that my Gbit connection is good.

.I honestly thought that with the “samba suggestion” above we were onto something. Perhaps there is a better way than I did to implement it.

If you need further info, let me know.
I hope with your help we can get to the bottom of this.

PS: in Italics I put my later edits.

For future reference I would like to point out that, as suggested by Support (see below), a fresh install of the Database made the trick.
All is fine in terms of the issue I was having with the NAS.
I hope it will stay like that even after your next update.