Build 416 Android still has double load of Albums [Ticket In]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK Build 174, Roon server 1.6 build 413
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
350mb Internet Virgin Media Superhub modem mode
Unifi USG Router
Unifi 8 Port POE Switch connects directly to
2 x Unifi Ap Pro access points
2 x Cisco 2960 switches in unmanaged mode
DNS cloudflare

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

One Plus 5 android used as remote
Description Of Issue

When search artists albums still double load in this build, although it is quicker at doing it than previous build, Thought I would report this as the latest build is supposed to address this issue, but it still remains.

The “double load” fix here was for the artist page, not search. Is that what you’re seeing?

This is on the artists page after a search sorry should have made it clearer. They show up then get loading screen and a wait before they appear again.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Can you by any chance provide a video or screen recording of this behavior? Also, would you be able to provide the exact time/date of when this issue occurs next so I can take a look at diagnostics? E.g. 1:26PM on 4/26/19.

– Noris

It happens pretty much all the time using Android remote on my phone but it got worse since the update to 1.6 I was pleased to see an announcement it was fixed but alas not for me at least, but it is quicker than it was like overall search is

On initial load of the artist page it very fleetingly displays the albums then changes to loading, you wait a while as then the albums appear, it’s not instant like on the windows remote. The speed of how long this takes to display the albums is variable much like the search issues overrall have been.

I will see if I can record an example. I may also try clearing the cache to see if it helps. if

1 Like

Ok around 19.15 GMT. Link to video from OneDrive. This link will expire by 30th. Also shows the slow search behaviour to.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHQUEVFVR_nx7oMzB6b-0PdT6GqFg

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Thanks for sending that video over, I have enabled diagnostics and have asked QA to review the double load behavior you displayed. I will be sure to let you know once I hear back.

EDIT: ROCK logs have been received but OnePlus logs have still yet to arrive, please open the Roon app when on your Oneplus when you have a chance.

– Noris

8:48 opened app searched for Rolling Stones

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Thanks for letting me know that info, I can confirm that the report from your Android device has reached our servers and a ticket has been submitted to the dev team regarding this behavior. As soon as I have any updates to share regarding your report, I’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks again for making us aware of this behavior!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.