Build 521 - Cannot connect Roon remote to the Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core Machine is an I5 intel 4690
8GB RAM -64 bit
Operating System Windows 7 (for now)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
ASUS RT-AC1200G+
Core machine on Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Ruark MR1 MK2 with Rel T Zero - Musical Fidelity v90 DAC
Schitt LYR 3 headphone Amp
Audeze LCD2-2C cans

Description Of Issue
Morning all I’m trying to connect My Roon remote to the core. I’m fairly new to Roon and cannot understand why it won’t connect I have tried my phone ect. but that has same issue.

The issue I’m facing at the moment using a FireHD 10 for a remote and it won’t connect to the core.
I have tried going into ASUS setting and enabling Multicast as advised on the troubleshoot section and turning off firewalls.

I use the core as my main listening at the moment until I get my setup for the living room complete with my Dali’s. When I got the account I did make sure I set it up for the core to be a server and to play on the machine. Connecting to the core is no problem just Roon remote.

Hi @nick_reed,

Besides the Asus router are there any other networking devices in use?

Are the remotes able to see the Core but they can’t connect? Or is the Core not seen at all? Is there any error message?

Is the Accept remote connections setting under Settings > Setup set to Yes?

Yes Dylan its all set up correctly in the Settings it can see the Core but cannot connect just connection failed there is no other network devices apart from the router and oh i do have network link but that has nothing to do with the core. My phone is the same to it see’s the core but just says failed to connect

Hi @nick_reed,

Have you made sure that your Core is on a “private” network and not a “public” one? You can use these instructions to check this aspect.

I know you mentioned you looked at the firewall, but to clarify here - Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

I am now able to use ROON remote thank you for the help Norris

1 Like

Happy to help @nick_reed, glad to hear the instructions sorted the issue out!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.