Build 521 update - broke my iOS and Xperia Remotes

Updated Roon this morning to the most recent build - the one that allows filtering recent releases by tag
Unfortunately this Started a chain of crazy behaviour from Roon

First, my bookmarks and tags were gone. Then Roon spent half a day adding to library all albums that were already in the library - I could see them there!.. but Roon was adding them nevertheless
I thought the tags and bookmarks will come back after that, they didn’t. Had to restore from backup, which brought back the tags and bookmarks

I provide this just as background to the main problem which is that no remote will connect. I tried an iPad, iPhone and android phone - none would connect. Restarted everything multiple times - Roon core, iPad, iPhone, router, etc

Funny thing is that Roon core sees all of them and can play music to them without them being able to start the remote app! I am now playing music to an iPad whose Roon app looks like the picture above.

This feels like Sonos all over again. Please just don’t start telling me to change my network - it worked fine in the same network until this update. I really expect Roon to solve this as there were no other change than this Roon update.

1 Like

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10/i5, 16gb/Roon 1.7 build 521 32 bit
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

COMPAL CH7465LG router. Computer connects to network via Ethernet cable.

Found another iPhone in the house and this one is able to connect! One iPad, one iPhone X one sony Xperia not connecting, one iPhone 6 connecting

Ok…
Reinstalled the remote apps, they connect now. But they’re not the latest builds so I don’t get the filter by genre in new releases. iOS apps are `build 511 while core is 521.

How do I get the iOS apps to the same build as the core AND keep them connecting?

Hi @DanMtsn,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties here.

Since you restored from a backup, you might need to click on the “Select a different Core” button and re-select the Core from the list.

If you uninstall the Roon iOS App and reinstall it from the App store, that should install the newest build, can you please give that a try?

[quote=“noris, post:5, topic:95252”]

How do I get the iOS apps to the same build as the core AND keep them connecting?

If you uninstall the Roon iOS App and reinstall it from the App store, that should install the newest build, can you please give that a try?
[/quote]

That is how I got the apps to finally connect to the core - by reinstalling from the App Store. It looks like the newest build is not available in the Romania AppStore? Can you push the newest build to the AppStore for Romania?

How was I supposed to know that? Is this in the KB?

Hi @DanMtsn,

Can you please check to see if the updated Roon app is still unavailable in Romania and let me know? Sometimes it take a bit of time for the new app to be rolled out by Apple in each region.

It’s available now
Thank you

1 Like

Glad to hear that @DanMtsn!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.