Build 536: iPad Pro 11" Portrait mode not working [Ticket In]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos mini mk2

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Just a router (all wired)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Remotes: iPad Pro 11’’ 2019

Description Of Issue

Following the update to Build 536, the new feature ‘iPads Pro portrait mode’ is not working.

I just works on landscape mode (as it has always been).

If I flip the iPad 180º the landscape mode shifts 180º (the top screen utilities, battery life, time, etc. makes a strange kind of transition, as if its is rotating 180º, while the Roon screen just flips with no transition/animation).

If I flip it 90º it does nothing and it stays at landscape.

Of course the rotating block of iOS y switched of, latest update, have restarted, have reinstalled the app, etc.

Portrait mode is only supported on 12.9” devices. The release notes fail to clarify this.

So…

Any plans on the development for the 11"?

Next minor or mayor update?

Hi @440Hz,

As mentioned above, only the 12.9" iPad Pro supports Portrait at this time. This is something we hope to address in the future but we don’t have any specific timeframes for when this change will be available.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Hello !

Portrait mode is working fine on a 11” iPad Pro but it has a minor glitch.

When you rotate the screen the transition/animation is strange. The content turns instantly but there is like a black rectangle that turns smoothy and you can see the corners. It is a bit cheap

Hi @440Hz

Would it be possible to share a recording of what you’re seeing? I’d be happy to take a look and get this feedback over to the team!

Sorry for the delayed answer.

See if this helps. I was unable to upload the video but I think is quite clear on this photos. See the corners shifting with a sort of smooth rotating transition but the Roon interface rotating instantly. The resulting visual effect is quite cheap.

Thanks, @440Hz. I’ve put a ticket in with our team on this.

Black corners are no longer visible but the transition is still not right. The hour/date on the top left corner and the battery and wifi icons on the right still make a smooth rotating transition which is not in sync with the fast transition of the Roon UI

Any news on this? Transition still needs some work

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.