Build 710 Prevents Disks Spin Off

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 20.04 On Proxmox 6 cores of i7 4790CPU and dedicated 4G RAM. Roon Core build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

1Gbe all wired cat6e, all switches are TP-Link 1gbe.

Music share is mounted to a local folder on ubuntu through nfs as Roon’s own cifs mounting causes lots of “cifs vfs close unmatched open” errors.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

IOS Client, Macos Client, Android Client, Roon Bridge on Raspbian usb connected to SMSL M8a V3 DAC

Description Of Issue

After Roon Core upgraded to build 710, Roon Core writes some data on to the share where music is stored in intervals like once in a minute for 20 minutes then silence for 15 minutes. When I stop roonserver on ubuntu, problem goes away.

Help is highly appreciated.

There’s no need to use either CIFS, Samba or NFS on Roon Core when the music is on the local file system. Simply use the direct file path.

Cool :slight_smile: but it’s not in the local system :slight_smile: It’s on a nas…

Okay, but Roon isn’t writing anything to the NAS; it is doing an occasional read. And this is not new with that build. If something has changed more likely on the NAS.

The strange thing is, I uninstalled and reinstalked Roon Server and the problem is gone.

1 Like

Hi @Kerem_Erdag,

Thanks for letting us know that a reinstall resolved the issue! It’s hard to say what was happening before, but if you have any further difficulties, please just let us know and we can take another look, happy holidays!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.