Build 88 Feedback thread

So what is the expected behavior of the Squeezebox display during Roon playback? My experience on my Touch is that the Playing Now screen displays momentarily and then returns to the menu and then cycles throw this maybe every 30 seconds or so? To be honest, I don’t pay that much attention to my Touch screen but found the cycling between Playing Now and the menu a bit distracting.

During playback, I see the now playing screen + no cycling.

Is your touch firmware up-to-date?
Did you power-cycle the touch after switching from LMS to Roon?

OK, working as expected now. I had not power-cycled the Touch. It is running latest firmware (7.8.0 r16754). I hadn’t thought to power-cycle it because it just worked correctly first time as had all my SBs.

Since I do plan to switch between Roon and LMS occasionally, at least until radio streaming is enabled in Roon, it looks like I will need to remember to power-cycle each SB when switched. No problem.

Awesome job with the update. Thank you!

Great job on the update. Couple of SB3’s and a Duet running here. The controller even seems to work on the Duet for volume and displays the album art.

Thank You

Awesome update. Two SqueezeboxTouches, an SB Radio and Duet controller working! The only issue I am having is that the controller can’t adjust volume on Touch or Radio. Is there a way to get this to work?

Just thanks for the great Christmas present: Tidal and the Beatles upsampled to DSD by HQPlayer. Loving it.

Hello Joe

You can’t control the volume via the controller from the Duet set?
I haven’t tried that yet, but I can control the volume on the SQB Touch just fine with the IR remote that came with the SQB Touch.

Is the accu of your Duet controller still ok? Mine is too weak to even start the controller. I have to have the controller always in the cradle if I want to use it…

The controller works fine otherwise. It can adjust the volume in the touch of I am playing the radio using the mysqueezebox server, but not when I’m connected to the Roon database.

Awesome Build !

Nice Christmas present. Logged in the other day and immediately noticed search function is better , predictive and predictable. Also like the way can now see TIDAL favourite albums and artists and the way you can see the Artists albums in your collection and then the albums in TIDAL. Makes it very easy to use , lovely !

Can’t wait for the iPad version…

Issues/bugs hopefully to be resolved in due course

I have posted problems I notices in the following new thread

which perhaps should better be posted here instead.

Hi there. I just returned from vacation and tried to update Roon Server and Roon to build 88 on OS X El Capitan with the In-App update. I got the following virus alert though. Any ideas?

Search and you will be rewarded :wink:

Build 88 - Avast anti-virus blocks Roon on OSX

Sorry, obviously I did not scroll long enough …

Thank you Roon team for releasing the 64bit version. I can now hear my full collection in all its glory! Wonderful. Any one with large digital music collections should consider switching to 64bit.
Gus