Build 88 - No sound at all - solved

After the update I no longer have any sound. !!!
I did not change anything in my setup.

DAC : Arcam rPAC no sound
direct output on mac : no sound

I just downloaded the program again but that did not solve it

I’m also not able to select anything in the settings of the output devices. none of the checkboxes (eg use exclusive mode) work

Steve

Hey @stevev1 – sorry for the trouble here. Let’s get some logs from you and we’ll figure out what’s going on here.

I’ll be in touch via PM. Stand by!

update:

airplay works… but that’s it.
no sound from usb dac or direct output from mac

Steve

Hey @stevev1 – thanks for your patience here.

We looked at the logs you sent, and we’re wondering if maybe our move to 64 bit exposed you to a bad plugin of some sort. We’ve seen similar symptoms due to this in the past.

Would you mind looking over /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins, and /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL and letting me know what you’re seeing there? I’m guessing we’ll find something non-standard in there, and moving it aside will resolve this.

Feel free to let me know the contents of those directories here or via PM and, if you want, try moving plugins aside and restarting Roon. If you do decide to move something aside, what would be great is if you don’t delete the plugins – just move them aside. If we can find the culprit, we’d love to have a look at it and see if we can do better.

Let me know if you have any questions @stevev1 – looking forward to resolving this for you soon!

1 Like

this is what’s inside

there’s no HAL folder

Mind posting the contents of the three folders? Thanks @stevev1

Hi Mike,

components:

Digidesign : empty

VST : empty

Steve

OK I found the bad plug in.
I was looking at the wrong library (user instead of Macintosh HD)
This is the plug in that caused the problem

So before I trash it do you want me to send it over somehow?

Thanks for the help !

Steve

1 Like

That would be great @stevev1! Thanks for following up – I’ll send you info via PM.