Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Internal Soundcard USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi Roon Team,

after the Build 923 yesterday and a Roon restart today I am not able to select any Audio devices anymore. The Audio tab simply lists no options anymore. Until Build 918 I did have more than 5 options and they worked all fine. The Audio settings and devices did not change from 918 to 923. Please do help urgently. At the moment the missing Audio devices and the unability to connect to Tidal (918 worked, 923 does not work) is transforming Roon into a state of uselessness. This needs to be changed asap please.

Regards,

Klaus

Hi @Klaus-19,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question, we’re sorry to hear that you were having issues immediately after updating. In checking your system diagnostics it looks like you were recently able to play music to a few of your audio devices. Can you please send us an update to let us know where things stand now?

If you’re still having problems you can try to generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Hi Jamie,

thank you for your quick feedback. At the end I have decided to re-install a fresh version of the roon core using the latest available backup. This worked and I was able to connect to the audio devices again. Your suggested solution will be on my radar if this will happen again… Remains the question why this happened in the first place after updating to rel. 923. This ticket can be closed.

On this matter. Since updating to 923 on Windows 10 (latest updates) I do experience the challenge that roon crashes once another (any) program is loaded afterwards. I do then have to run roon again. This happens only once per Windows start-up. Is this a known challenge?

I’m having a similar issue. It just started a few days ago, the Roon client now loses all local audio devices after a few minutes of playing audio. The only way to bring it back is by restarting the entire client. At this point Roon is unusable and I absolutely dread performing updates.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.