Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, lastest updates

Networking Gear & Setup Details

AVM Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

USB on MSI motherboard

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Standard procedure: Start up of Windows 10, start up of Roon, start up/close of any other program.

• Before Build 923 - No challenges in respect to Roon, it is running smoothly.

• With Build 923 - Once Roon is running and another program is started (any), Roon suddenly crashes.

The re-start of Roon continues exactly at the point where the crash happened. From the second start of Roon any program can be started without any impact on Roon

This is in my view a strange behaviour of Roon. Can you please.have a look into the crash type behaviour of Roon to get this sorted. Thanks.

It would probably help Support if you could post the crash message that should be recorded in the Windows Logs > Application section of the Windows Event Manager. That might give them insight into this unusual issue.

The problem with the Roon crash when calling up under Windows a program (here: Excel) is persisting and just happened again. I looked up into the Windows Event Manager > Logs > Application - There is no record of the crash. Since this behaviour has only started with Build 923 - what other information do you need to get this sorted please?

I suspect that someone in the Support team will be pulling the Roon logs from your system for inspection. This is an unusual issue though, so the logs may not reveal the cause of why your Roon application is behaving this way.

Hi @Klaus-19,

We’re sorry to hear about your troubles. This is a new issue we haven’t seen. Would you please install our most recent update, Build 931, and let us know if that helps?

If the behavior continues please reproduce it a couple of times, note your local date and the time it occurred, then use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

We appreciate your help with troubleshooting this. Thanks!

Hi Jamie, thank for coming back to the challenge. I have installed Build 931 now - in case the behaviour is reproduced I will came back very shortly with the information you have requested. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.