BT Smart Hub 2
Zen Mini is connected by ethernet to a BT satellite disc

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Mu-so QB connected by wifi
Dynaudio Focus XD 200 speakers via wifi/Dynaudio Connecy

Number of Tracks in Library

15,000 tracks in library

Description of Issue

I’ve just upgraded to Build 943 and I’m enjoying being able to use the trackpad on my iPad Magic Keyboard in Roon. The upgrade has brought one problem with it, though: using the spacebar while typing in the search bar now pauses my music.

I know that the spacebar is the default keyboard shortcut for play/pause, but I’ve never had it work this way when typing in the search bar prior to today’s upgrade.

I’ve upgraded to Build 943 on my laptop, too, and that behaves as it always has: the spacebar will pause & play my music, but NOT while I’m typing in the search bar.

I’ve searched the forums and found a couple of historical issues, but nothing recent. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Known issue roon have acknowledged and are working on it.

Thanks Ged. Do you mean a known issue with this update? I couldn’t see anything relating to it.

Thanks, I’d managed to miss that.

Easy to do

When searching on an iPad Pro with a physical keyboard, Roon will start/stop the current music each time you type a space in the query. When the user/cursor is in an input field, like the search field, this should of course not happen.

Been reported lots of times, I’m sure roon are aware.

In that case I assume it will be fixed soon :grin:

Well…that’s a different thing :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hi All,

This issue should have been resolved with our latest Roon release, if you are still seeing this issue even after updating, please do let us know, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.