Build 952 Feedback

As noted elsewhere (IIRC), an apparent MEMORY LEAK problem with the macOS Remote app:

I’ve been running B952 for 5+ days now, and the only problem I’ve had is with the macOS Remote app (MacBook Pro i9 running macOS 11.6.6 with 16 GB RAM)… Monitoring my Mac’s RAM usage via Activity Monitor reveals that the Roon remote app uses ~340 MB of RAM at startup, but over maybe 12 hours, that increases to over 1 GB. At least in my case, each time the RAM usage goes over 1 GB (the last time I noticed, it had reached 1.25 GB), the remote app becomes unresponsive when attempting to display new content / screens. Switching to another screen such as Genres, Qobuz, etc., and/or back to Home, and I end up watching the animated logo for at least a minute or two before the screen loads/displays, though playback is never interrupted.

During these macOS Remote app hangs, I can access the Nucleus via either of my iOS Remote apps and everything is still running smoothly (quickly). Quitting the macOS app and then re-opening it immediately resolves the problem – at least for another 10-12 hours!

My Nucleus (Rev B) has not had any problems or restarts since the update, and as noted above, no problems with the iOS remote apps. I’ve never had this problem with previous builds, and used to be able to leave the Mac remote app open for days on end without any problems. Hopefully @support has this in their queue and a fix will be included in the next release. I know, minor 1st world problem, but thought I’d add my 2¢. :sunglasses: