Build 970 Feedback

It’s not often that one meets a frustrated investigator so full of happiness…

Well, I don’t remember if this has been different before, but I like it as it is now… When a track is playing, a ‘Pause’ button is displayed. When the track is paused or stopped, a ‘Play’ button appears. This I wouldn’t call a bug…

1 Like

Not spent too many hours with 970 yet (obviously), but man am I happy to have a working Roon setup back again! Local library audio quality/enjoyment is way better than lossy streaming, that’s for sure!

Everything good so far on Nucleus, Dell, iPhone, and two iPads. I did have to reboot the Nucleus to get rid of the red triangle. NBD.

Thanks Roon for getting this update out for us.

Guys, as pointed out by a few others the ffff nomenclature is a method for representing an IPv4 address in IPv6 notation. In other words this is the operating system’s way of representing “old style” internet addresses in the “new style” format. This is how iOS represents addresses internally and we are just showing what the operating system is giving us. There’s no issue here and nothing to be sorted out, it’s just the answer we’re receiving from iOS when we ask for the local IP address.

It’s been this way for a LOOOOOONG time… possibly back to Roon 1.4.

12 Likes

@AMP , thanks for the response. I have to say, I don’t remember seeing it before (why not regex it out?). I’ll gladly ignore it if you guys can get Remote on Windows 10 to quit locking up and/or quitting. It’s beyond frustrating now.

Many thanks.

EDIT: @AMP There are numerous people that disagree with “It’s been this way for a LOOOOOONG time”.

You seem to have misunderstood my posting.
It’s not about the current title being played in the lower corner with the pause button.
It‘s the playlist - where there is no longer an icon displayed so you know when browsing which song is active.
Just like it was before and nearly all others are having it too like Spotify etc.
@support Is this a known regression bug?

Indeed did I misunderstand the context of your observation… at least now your point is clear.

1 Like

Here is my iPhone 12 mini running 952 and the behavior you describe was the same as with the new 970.

1 Like

The new, more frequent Roon update schedule means that we get to enjoy vastly improved sound quality much more often. Build 970 brings even more impressive sound quality. I can’t wait for the next release since I would much rather get this incredible improvement in sound quality through software updates instead of spending thousands of dollars on new audio hardware. I :heart: the Roon Team!

4 Likes

Everything is now good, happy time!!! Thanks Roon dev/qa.

1 Like

I don’t remember it showing on my phone before, Android. But, it is there on the desktop app. Haven’t tried the tablet.

I confirmed the bug on both Android and iOS when playing a playlist (your example). However I see the icon when playing an album, and in the play queue list. I mostly play albums and I don’t remember if I saw it there before in playlists.

Edit: From the now playing screen, if you open the song’s album, the playing icon is displayed in the album. But not in the playlist that has the song.

1 Like

Instant search broken for me. Hitting return from this point does complete the search successfully.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 9.36.15 am

Or here and I quote

Short, casual answer: It’s an IPV4 address mapped through a IPV6-compliant system.

Still skipping thru songs with no audio.

1 Like

I was hopeful, but no joy.
After playing music via 970 for a while without issues, a track stopped, then restarted, then stopped, etc.
The same track plays just fine using the craptastic Sonos app. (sigh)

I suggest, before posting issues with build 970, people reboot everything including router, core, and end-points. I don’t know, but suspect that might clear up some issue you could have hanging over from the dreaded build 952.

5 Likes

Windows 10 still locking up. I’ll reboot router and everything else tomorrow and see if anything changes, but I’ve already rebooted my Nucleus.

EDIT: I just rebooted my AT&T U-Verse gateway, then Nucleus. I’ll report back if it locks up again.
EDIT2: Windows 10 still locking up, maybe not as long. I’ll see what it does tomorrow and report.

1 Like

So far on 970 I have had numerous dropouts and queue stops playing FLAC files directly from my NUC 10 / ROCK internal SSD. 970 may have fixed memory leaks and controller freeze issues, but as usual, a rushed Room update broke other functions, in my case reliable music playback.

I have spent way too much time and effort trying to coax recent Roon builds to “just work”. In light of the continuous beta release type of problems I have experienced with Roon, I might as well go with open source freeware that may not be quite as pretty, but at least I’ll be able to actually listen to music without drama.