CA CXN V2 USB Hardrive Library Access

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Acer Notebook

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

CA CXN v2 plus external hardrive connected via USB front input.

Description Of Issue

The hardrive music doesn’t automatically come up in my library like it does when it’s connected directly to my laptop.

To access this with out Roon I had to previously select Library on the CXN.

Is this integration possibly with Roon? Would prefer to keep the HD connected to my CXN rather than my laptop.

Cheers
Brook.

Unless the CXN allows for SMB share access (you would need to ask CA or read the manual) roon won’t be able to map/access that share thus won’t be able to see it.

It’s unlikely to work, my CXN had a HDD attached for a while , it was visible only through the CA app.

Why don’t you just plug it into the Acer notebook and set it as a watched folder in Roon

The USB drive route is pretty clunky anyway all you see is the folder structure of the drive so any navigation is based on that. It works but it’s not ideal. It was really there just to play the odd tune off a stick

Hi @Brook_tyler,

As others have mentioned, this will only work if the CXN supports SMB (Samba). I would reach out to Cambridge to see if this device can support the SMB share and if it does, you’ll then be able to add it to Roon using our Add Folders By Path Guide.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.
May get a Roon Nucleus soon, the HD can connect direct to that. Tired of having a laptop draped around the place.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.