Can a mac be both a Remote and a Core at different times

@support

I have a Mac Mini server at home and have used my laptop as a Remote.

I want to use Roon to drive Tidal at work and install it on my macbook prop as Core. Can I keep the Remote function or better to remove Remote and reinstall as Core only?

I realize that the databases will be separate (although both linked to my one Tidal account).

Thanks,
Rob.

You can use the server version on both and remote on the MBP just swap the lic each time you want to run it on the other server version. Your data will have to reside on external media and move with the core (server) to play.

I have Remote already on my MBP. How do i make it a Core now? Do I have to uninstall Remote?

EDIT: Figured it out, had to click “look for another core” which when I did brought me to the screen to use Core. That was not very obvious that to get to Core you had to click on that.

Thanks,
Rob.

I got it to work, but I think I am not going to do this. I think it puts double traffic on the network - I am using a Sonos speaker as endpoint. So with just Sonos, the speaker streams the music directly. With Roon, it is streaming from outside to Core and then Core to endpoint (at least as I understand it).
Rob.