Can connect to the Core, but not able to log in afterwards

I believe I installed roon2.0 on qnap NAS (ethernet connection). can’t log in on PC win10 on ethernet or iphone (wifi). restarted everything multiple times. ???

@Lou_Oddo, I have moved your post to the #support section. So you may receive assistance, please complete the following template and include details of your ISP, the make and model of the modem / router, and any other devices connected to your network. Thanks.

Roon Core Machine

<!-- Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM) -‐>
<!-- Write below this line -‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!-- Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using YPN -‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!-- Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.) -‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!-- Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks” -‐>

Description of Issue

<!-- Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated! -‐>

issue exists on both win10 PC ethernet, iphone wifi, core on qnap ts541 NAS ethernet

photos deleted

It looks like a local networking problem. I suggest you power down everything, including your modem / router. Then switch on the router, and wait for all the lights to turn green (this can take a few minutes), before powering on other network equipment. Finally, turn on your core and other devices.

Thanks for your reply. Spent sometime with Verizon on the phone resetting etc. with no success, Will try this again and reply…

1 Like

You really need to delete this post. Your Roon ID is on display for all to see.

Well , looks like that’s all it took - restarting the router which I had done a few times with no results. But this time I unplugged the AC of router as well as powering it down. Verizon internet rep failed to see the issue. Anyway, I greatly appreciate your time to help and advise. Unfortunately, the “error message” to check internet connection led me in the wrong direction. Maybe “error messages” should not be misleading…

2 Likes

It’s good to learn that it’s sorted now. Thanks for letting us know; I’ll mark this topic solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.