Can I connect a Samsung S8+ to Roon via my home network?

I do not have a subscription to connect the Samsung S8+ mobile phone to the internet - it only transmits and receives phone calls. The other device I use, an iPad does not have any chip at all but uses ROON via the home network so I’m wondering if the Samsung phone can be used in a similar manner to access ROON in this home.

The home network uses an RT-AS66U dual band ASUS router. And of course I can connect the Samsung S8+ to this PC.

Maybe not possible, but if it is help either direct or to a link would be appreciated as I do not find navigating the S8+ intuitive or easy for this old 84 YO brain.

TIA

John

As far as I know, you should be able to connect your Samsung S8+ to your in-home WIFI. Then, you should be able to go out to the Android Google Play store and download the Roon control app for your Samsung S8. Or, go here:

https://roonlabs.com/downloads

That is, unless there is something I’m not understanding about this.

Scan & connect

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > Connections .
  3. Tap Wi-Fi .
  4. If necessary, tap the Wi-Fi switch to ON .
  5. A list of networks populates.
  6. Tap the MORE to add a Wi-Fi network that does not display.
  7. Tap the desired Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
  8. If necessary, enter the password.
  9. Tap Connect .

Thanks.

As it turned out connecting to the ASUS was easy but it was a frustrating run around to get the APP installed. I was able to log into ROON and have my licence accepted but after that it was unclear if it actually downloaded with heaps of distracting links appearing.

Bottom liner is ROON now appears in the APPS, exactly how it got there is a bit of an (unimportant) mystery.

But thanks again Jim - very helpful.

John

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.