Can I disable my iTunes music folder

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

OSX, build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Lumin D2 ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mac book pro, Lumin D2 with ethernet

Description Of Issue

I think I want to remove my iTunes library from Roon. The reason is that the streaming quality of these library tracks displays as low source quality while the same tracks I can simply stream using Roon and Tidal show as lossless. When I search an artist and play their top tracks, the tracks include those tracks already in my library. I do not see a reason to use them going forward. Can I simply “disable” my music folder path that leads to iTunes?

Yes under settings then storage

Hello @gerard_bodell, and thanks for your question! Were you able to successfully disable the folder?

Thank you for following up. Yes I did disable the folder. I do have a follow up question. I disabled both the “Music Folder” and another path listed as “This Mac>HD>User>…Itunes” What is the difference in these two paths and did I need to disable both paths?

Hello @gerard_bodell, the music folder is the default music storage for your OS, which can be different from a watched folder you set up.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.